What is the plastic cap under my driver's wheelarch?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pep1914

Car
Sprinter
Hello group. Wonder if I could pick your collective brains. I have been removing rust from drivers side wheel arch on 2006 sprinter and knocked off and destroyed a plastic dust cover which was well greased. Just wondered if any one knows what it might be for so I can regrease and try to order a replacement cap from the net. Many thanks for your knowledge.20220314_100448.jpg

Is that holding the inner plastic wheel arch lining .Do you see more of them or just one ?
No just one. Only on the drivers side. It looks like it's something to do with the water squirter reservoir? Can't quite make out what it is?

Yes thinking about this now just after you said it was in line with the washer bottle .That grommet goes in the hole before washer bottle is fitted .. and the bottle will then be bolted from topside ,,there is a locating peg molded in to the base of the washer bottle . This is just pure speculation on my part . Easy job ,pick up a new grommet remove topside fixings clean the hole up grease it with silicone grease and replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom