What is this attatched to my accelerator pedal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grovsie31

Car
2009 335i DCT
24f0112.jpg

33ml8op.jpg

x6mwb5.jpg

Not sure how to remove it.......... Never seen this before. It seems to hit a small button that goes in on it, if the pedal is right down.

It's your kick down! That's what you press when you floor it, then press further. It instructs the drivetrain to give you all it's got.

It opens the flaps on the hyper-bull**it manifold :)

Didn't have it on my last C55, I assume its been fitted by someone, although it looks like a MB part number on it in the last pic.

Owner on here who had the car few years ago said it wasn't fitted when he owned it.

Don't see the point in it.........

Serves two purposes (in an auto)
Changes to give maximum acceleration when you floor it.
Overrides speed set in speedtronic should you suddenly need to accelerate.
What's not to like?

Didn't have it on my last C55, I assume its been fitted by someone, although it looks like a MB part number on it in the last pic.

Owner on here who had the car few years ago said it wasn't fitted when he owned it.

Don't see the point in it.........

Get a bit of tape and stick it down then.

Google the MB part number... it will help establish whether this is simply the original MB kickdown switch, or some other retrofitted add-on.

It's the horn switch

On an Audi you'll find one under the brake pedal too

It is not wired anymore in later W203,W211 and W220, it only simulates feeling you are 'kicking' it... it's pedal position sensor which actually calculates the need of gear drop and 'full blast'. WIS document GF30.20-P-2010IC

Guess its staying then! Cheers guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom