What is this car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok, think I have another car ...

i265764.jpg

So, would this be Italian?

Could it be a FIAT?

Actually, I'm off now (Christmas shopping!) so I'll see how far we've got when I get back!

Right again! Have fun...

Finally back! Wow! Milton Keynes was a nightmare, but at least I got everything I wanted! :)

Budapest's much nicer...

christmas_fair_budapest.jpg

IMG_6897-500x333.jpg

And all the Ukrainian Mafia-owned discount stores you could ever want!

Food is superb here for christmas (5 huge Spar supermarkets here, proper ones not the corner store ones like in London, the s***ty Tesco superstores, and the local indoor market where the best meat and vegetables you've ever had are pennies. 2 T-Bone steaks (2.5Kg altogether) for £10!). I think I'll play around with my new 3D camcorder (don't get excited - a £60 Medion!) and get some shots and start a new thread if the clips end up being even remotely interesting.

Oh, and I went to district 8 (the district tourists are warned over and over again never to go to for their own safety, the most poor, deprived and dangerous in Budapest) and went to the "Chinese market" - basically a shanty town on land that used to belong to Ganz when they built trains there. On the other side of the road is the wholesale side. Basically full of knock-off clothes but also a few good decent stalls selling very cheap clothing and electrics that don't even pretend to be branded. Exceptional quality and price. Went on a bit of a spree - no, no fakes - a laptop stand/cooler, several pairs of black socks and one of these V-Pro slicers/dicers/whatever else it does. And LED lights for my christmas tree here. £10 the lot (from 3 different 'units'). People very nice, 4 shopkeepers were passing around a joint and as high as the sun (laughing away) in one knock-off unit I didn't want to go into. So 2 different types of sellers - cut-throat druggie fake sellers and the cheap good-quality Chinese import ones. Didn't shop with the former of course, but they too would have charged pennies for everything. And I passed this man who was on the phone. He introduced himself as the financial advisor to the mayor and was boasting about his position - he looked like a tramp! So you even have your fair share of scammers walking about.

Photos (linked too as too high-res to embed here): http://www.othermarkets.org/village/templ/room3/pics/Images/4 Tigers Market/fourtigersmarket_1.jpg
Storage units at back: http://www.othermarkets.org/village/templ/room3/pics/Images/4 Tigers Market/fourtigersmarket_2.jpg
Side: http://www.othermarkets.org/village/templ/room3/pics/Images/4 Tigers Market/fourtigersmarket_5.jpg
Nobody was mad enough it seems to take photos or videos inside - the sellers of fakes would have seen red and it wouldn't have ended well. An absolute slum - I read about it in Budapest edition of "Time Out" magazine and it described it exactly as it was. When I arrived I wondered what the hell I was doing there but it's more fun than it looks (bargains galore).

Completely off-topic! Sorry about that digression, yes it's a Fiat!

Wow!! Thanks for that! Reminds me of our town in Russia, where we'd normally be by now, but this year we're staying in UK to spend Christmas with my Dad. Can't remember the last time we spent New year in England!!

Hope your holiday is great!! :)

Thanks, it is so far! As long as Malév hold out until at least the 3rd before going properly bankrupt I don't see what could go wrong!

Staying in a lovely apartment (the one I almost died in last year from CO poisoning - new boiler in now), good weather (heavy snow yesterday but none settled), going to the gourmet restaurants. 2 courses for £4 in several restaurants (hundreds all gourmet quality), ate today in a boutique hotel not too far from me (araz.hu is the website). Incredible value, but superb food - they're just trying to restart the dead economy. Only one transport peculiarity - saw an early 80s bendy bus by the side of the road, hazard ligths on, looked in through the window and one of the poles/handles had been ripped away from the ceiling during an emergency brake or something (or due to rust) and was lying across the seat! Driver had head in arms...

Hope you're having fun in our beloved UK (eugh...)

No Mafia there, that's the main tourist square (Vorosmarty Tér) and the market stalls are up throughout the 'christmas' period. Otherwise it's a bit emptier:

kzs2_vorosmarty1.jpg

And is completely pedestrianised

All the Mafia operate is bars, some restaurants (all with the same menu, decor and shared staff!) and some souvenir shops

And here's what the bankrupt state transport company does each christmas:

[youtube]Fbq-6Oyt1B0[/youtube]

Every christmas it runs for a month

Am I the only one missing a car here ?

Yes - see previous page

Yes - see previous page

Forgive me for being interrupted by the Mafia, Communism, shopping and trams ...

It's a Fiat Anthill Mob Arbath.

Probably ... look at the suspension

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom