What is this for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
Mercedes E250 W212 CDI BlueEfficiency
Mercedes W205 2015.

I've found a bottle which seems to be empty and have no idea what it's for. Last time I've checked all fluids, there was some pink fluid there but now it's completely empty.

Does anyone know what that is?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    678.5 KB · Views: 275
I believe this is the Intercooler Circuit Overflow Reservoir.

It is separate from the engine coolant expansion bottle which is located on the opposite side on the engine bay.

It allows the coolant to expand... the Intercooler has it's own liquid cooling system.

Its complicated ! low temperature circuit for OM651 engine in W205. Its pink because of the antifreeze in it see this document page 12
ftp://91.216.87.74/Poprodaja/Izobra%9Eevanja/Knji%9Enica%20literature%20za%20izobra%9Eevanja/Novi%20C%20(W205)/T0964F%20U%E8benik%20EN.pdf

level should be covered here - look for a level indicator inside the vessel but caution it may be under pressure when hot
ps it does look as if you may have lost fluid.
W205 / M651 / G716 / 09 / 41 - Mercedes-Benz WIS

45-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm gonna check my level tomorrow :banana:

Mercedes W205 2015.

I've found a bottle which seems to be empty and have no idea what it's for. Last time I've checked all fluids, there was some pink fluid there but now it's completely empty.

Does anyone know what that is?

Thanks a lot.

Did you find out the issue mate? I’m having the exact same issue and at cold the pipes connected around the intercooler circuit reseviour has pressurised hoses,

Any idea what was the cause of fluid loss?

Good evening good people ... I have the same problem on my c250, and adding water to the cold van starts to fail and just stepping deep into the accelerator is back to normal ... in a workshop they could have cracked the intercooler ouu with some leak ... does anyone have any news on the subject? best regards

Good evening good people ... I have the same problem on my c250, and adding water to the cold van starts to fail and just stepping deep into the accelerator is back to normal ... in a workshop they could have cracked the intercooler ouu with some leak ... does anyone have any news on the subject? best regards
Hi,
I have the same problem, did you find out what it was?

Best Regards

I also have this issue. Mine is using about 1 litre of water every 400miles.

We have seen issues where the intercooler is water cooled and it leaks coolant into the intercooler. Only way to check is remove pipes to cooler and inspect if there are signs of coolant in the cooler then its leaking

Did you find out the issue mate? I’m having the exact same issue and at cold the pipes connected around the intercooler circuit reseviour has pressurised hoses,

Any idea what was the cause of fluid loss?
Did you find a problem?

I also have the same problem, I have took my vehicle to mercedes benz thy have changed, the bottle, cap, pressure pipes and thermostat..but there is still loss of fluid in the bottle..I do not know what to do now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom