What is this please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V2FAN

Car
C63
Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can tell me what this is? I found these in the boot next to the spare wheel. I have two both of which have L and R designation. I have tried Google to no avail. Any ideas - TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201121_122951.jpg
    Screenshot_20201121_122951.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 52
No part number - or other identifying marks - stamped on it?

Strangely no part numbers. The lever on the right of the image releases a small locking latch. I am totally stumped as to what it is. I would laugh if it's some random part but thought id ask before it gets recycled.

Boot floor securing latch? Acts as a hinge to allow one to raise the boot floor but retains the rear edge in place until one releases it with the levers?

Boot floor securing latch? Acts as a hinge to allow one to raise the boot floor but retains the rear edge in place until one releases it with the levers?
Interesting, I'm going to research that lol. The Germans are great with engineering but could this be over engineering lol. I'll feed back and thanks

I’ve no idea, but reminds me of the time when I was repairing the clutch on an old Rover 75. Without so much as a Haynes manual I dropped the gearbox to gain access to the clutch, carefully placing all the parts of the ground under the car in an ordered fashion. Having bought a new clutch plate, a week later I set about putting it in. All the way through the process I puzzled over one piece on the floor that I couldn’t identify. I got to the end of the job without finding a place for that one piece. Too worried to just leave it out, I set about stripping everything down again. Without having determined where it was from, I went home for lunch. I mentioned to my older brother that I was having a problem identifying a part, whereupon he blushed and confessed. During the week he had gone into my rented garage to use my bench vice to help free up a skewed part from his Alvis. When it came apart, half fell off the bench and rolled under my Rover. He couldn’t reach it without disturbing any of the parts I’d left on the floor, so decided it would be better to leave it there for the time being. But he forgot to tell me! I forgave him - 20 years later.

I’ve no idea, but reminds me of the time when I was repairing the clutch on an old Rover 75. Without so much as a Haynes manual I dropped the gearbox to gain access to the clutch, carefully placing all the parts of the ground under the car in an ordered fashion. Having bought a new clutch plate, a week later I set about putting it in. All the way through the process I puzzled over one piece on the floor that I couldn’t identify. I got to the end of the job without finding a place for that one piece. Too worried to just leave it out, I set about stripping everything down again. Without having determined where it was from, I went home for lunch. I mentioned to my older brother that I was having a problem identifying a part, whereupon he blushed and confessed. During the week he had gone into my rented garage to use my bench vice to help free up a skewed part from his Alvis. When it came apart, half fell off the bench and rolled under my Rover. He couldn’t reach it without disturbing any of the parts I’d left on the floor, so decided it would be better to leave it there for the time being. But he forgot to tell me! I forgave him - 20 years later.
Haha that is brilliant. I often have similar challenges but have nobody else to blame so the extra parts go in the bin lol. I tend not to work on cars or bikes anymore 🙁

What year and chassis type, saloon or estate is your C63?

Looks like a bracket to fit a baby seat to a pushchair. You would normally buy these separately if you needed to interface between two different brands.
That would make sense as I'm struggling to see how or where that part fits. I'm now of the conclusion that it's not part of the vehicle given the absence of any markings/part numbers etc. I've spent a whole day trying to work it out lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom