What is this? (S210 320cdi engine part)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coneybiller

Car
'06 W211 E320CDI OM648
Photo by Ben Bishop

Photo by Ben Bishop

Had a limp mode situation with no EML recently on my S210 320cdi, so thought I’d check the normal known problem areas (EGR, Swirl flaps, turbo actuator).
While checking the rod on the swirl flaps, I noticed this guard type thing that was hanging loose and potentially blocking the flap motor from moving it’s full travel. I pulled it off with 2 fingers while underneath the inlet manifold.

I took my egr shunt off to see if that had anything to do with the limp mode and it seems to have gone back to normal. Now I’m not sure if it’s the EGR shunt, or the piece of plastic that’s causing my limp mode =\

Has anyone got an idea as to what it is, where it goes and is it broken?

Well, it looks like a cover for something, I can see a part number on it, enter the part number on a google search and see what it says.

Hood Catch Deflector (appatently).

Just Google "202 887 02 45" (including the inverted commas).

541c6414e0e9dcb1752e506011faa9b7.png

Yep. That would make sense, its fallen off on to top of engine and found its way down.
In a real world it would have been out onto the road, but in Benz world it has to cause a problem because it can.

Haha quality! That was probably my fault then. I had a duff bonnet cable, me and a friend tried everything to get the bonnet open. When we eventually got it open, that part must of been placed on the engine and forgotten about!
Thank you for the help. At least I know it’s not part of the swirl flap motor assembly now. Will put the egr shunt back on tomorrow and hopefully it will be back to it’s good old self!
I forgotten how much of a difference the egr shunt makes! It now feels asthmatic to say the least! :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom