What is this scam?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tron

Car
S203 220CDI.
Well, I think it is a scam. Car sells on a well known auction site.
Two weeks later, it does so again for less money.
A month later, same thing happens.
Same photo every time and several examples of this phenomenon. What is going on?

The car isn't real? - So the same photo gets posted and they try to convince someone to hand over the money for winning the auction... and make of with anything they receive?

People usually bid up their own stuff hoping that they will get outbid and get the money they want ..... if they don't then they cancel the sale and realist it and realist it and realist it ....stupid really,I've no idea why people auction cars when they know they won't sell it unless they get what they want...I always do a 30 day classified ad for £14.99

Duff vehicles, time waster bidders & shill bidding

s-l300.jpg

- Dreadful cars that don't actually sell when the buyer sees it in the flesh (vehicle has an obvious fault etc). Look at the rear suspension on this one:
Mercedes-Benz CL600 6.0 auto CL600 | eBay

- Fraudulent sellers - seeking payment for cars that don't exist.

- Time waster bidders - asking to release the car against the promise of funds from Western Union etc.

- Shill bidding - the seller uses another ID (or a friend) to push the bids up unrealistically and then finds that he ends up with the car in his own hands at auction close.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom