What is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLS-Reece

Car
CLS350
Hi guys

Just a quick question and to the point what is this?

2010 Cls 219 350

Located at the o/s/r of the engine above the cat/downpipes? Looks to me as some sort of breather unit, as has a pipe going to the inlet pipe work before the turbo

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 82
Sweet 2 replies and not even close to knowing what this is. Need a gasket for it as it's leaking oil.

I could be wrong, but I'm quite sure the person at the MB parts counter might just know,,

I did think it was a crank case breather but searching that online brings one up but looks totally different to mine :/

I really don't know, it's got this 3 bolt plastic housing on top and then a metal base, only has this hose going into it so I am unsure on what it is

Okay. 2nd question should smoke be coming out of it into the intake pipe, I'm taking it as it shouldn't?

The answer is yes... if there's smoke coming out of your crankcase the PCV should be taking it to the inlet to burn it off.

Your 3rd question should therefore be, why is smoke coming out of my crankcase?

Obviously it depends whether there are just a few wisps of oil vapour in air (which isn't a problem), or whether it looks like your exhaust on a cold morning.

Yeah there was abit of smoke coming out of it like an exhaust on a cold morning but did die down before the engine stalled. See me other post in the engine section about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom