What is this???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

et0609

Car
E350d
Evening,

On the way home tonight I get an error on the dash "Active High Beam Assist Inactive" or something like that. Windscreen is clean so I pulled off the cover above the rear view mirror and noticed something, maybe connected maybe not.

The sensor on the LEFT (from inside the car) appears to have a clip/piece broken, its the flat piece in the picture in the red circle. From looking from the outside, it appears this clip does nothing other than hide the small hole when viewed from outside. Someone has already been fiddling with this because its clearly snapped off and just been forced back into place. When i pulled off the cover this piece fell out.

Anyone know what this sensor? is for and whether it is connected to the High Beam Assist issue. I will take it to my dealer but as they are some distance and rarely have any parts in stock, if I could give them some advance knowledge, perhaps they can get organised. Thanks.

IMG_3458.jpg

If it's anything like the C-class, depending on options some cars have stereo cameras (lane assist I think) behind the windscreen apertures. Ours doesn't have lane assist and only has one windscreen camera.

Thanks, might be something else then as this only has one camera on the other side of the mirror. Im guessing its a sensor for something.

Rain sensor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom