What is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davelush

Car
Sprinter 906, clk240
Hi new member but been visiting a while & have always found info I was looking for...backstory to this question: took a punt & bought a used om646.963 engine as a parts donor to repair my sprinter engine (om646.985)which has suffered catastrophic engine failure...block looks similar except for the square chamber casting I'm pointing to in attached pic...the .985 motor just has a cool plug here but nothing else.... Any info greatly received as I'm now wondering if I could get away with just blanking this off, swapping the necessary parts and using this donor engine as it is...feel free to say 'don't be a silly Billy!'

Hi new member but been visiting a while & have always found info I was looking for...backstory to this question: took a punt & bought a used om646.963 engine as a parts donor to repair my sprinter engine (om646.985)which has suffered catastrophic engine failure...block looks similar except for the square chamber casting I'm pointing to in attached pic...the .985 motor just has a cool plug here but nothing else.... Any info greatly received as I'm now wondering if I could get away with just blanking this off, swapping the necessary parts and using this donor engine as it is...feel free to say 'don't be a silly Billy!'

and post the pic,
I am indeed a silly Billy as the IMG was too large to attach... working on it!

Attachments

• IMG_20220207_122354391_compress.jpg
    IMG_20220207_122354391_compress.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 34
Heating element for pre heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom