What is this??????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Munkee

Hi, found this pic of a pre-facelift W124 (below) in Google images. It has this really odd antenna thingy fitted to the bumper area, with the MB star on top!

Does anyone know what it is???

Whatever it is, it looks really naff!!

Attachments

• W124.gif
    W124.gif
    88.9 KB · Views: 85
Probably to let the owner know where the corner of the car is.

its a diplomatic plag pole,the car is probably an import

NEED the part number for those! Just think where you could park with relative immunity if you had flags on the front! :)

A lot of the jap imports i have had little poled like this on the corner. Some went up and down electrically. Never figured out what they were for...

Jay

jaymanek said:
A lot of the jap imports i have had little poled like this on the corner. Some went up and down electrically. Never figured out what they were for...

Jay

It's a parking aid, I recently did some work on an old shape S-class and it had them built into the rear wings, popped up when you selected reverse.

Yeh the s class ones are different as you can actually see those, but some of the ones on pajeros didnt even make it above the wing...

its off the 600...

flagstaff.jpg

110 810 02 81 fixture - flagstaff (range of delivery) <whatever that is...>

120 810 00 84 rod
110 810 00 81 fixture (bracket thing at bottom)
110 818 00 97 pad
110 818 00 16 reinforcement

flagstaff losted at 274 dollars... :eek:

If you parked your car with one of those in some parts of London, you'd never see it again!!!

It's bad enough having the hood star nicked, why add this too!!!!

Most frequently used for little flags - diplomatic, promotion, even some taxi companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom