What is wrong with this picture?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 RWD / 2016 Suzuki Vitara AWD
Picture is unedited... but something is odd. Can you spot it? No rewards :)

Attachments

• TreshersCorner.jpg
    TreshersCorner.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 4,903
One way dead end!

Once you're in you never get out :)

I took this picture while driving near Holborn, central London, a couple of years ago. Not sure if they changed it since. Must be an awful lot of cars piled up at the bottom of this street..:eek:

Hotel California!

Highway Code swots will tell you that the T sign doesn't mean 'dead end', but No Through Road (for vehicles). The signs are in Museum Street, which is indeed a one-way, no through road as its middle section is for pedestrians and cyclists only. However, just before that section you can make your espace by turning left or right into Little Russell St.

Last edited:
Inspired by this thread I thought I'd add my own.

Taken in WH Smiths a few years ago - I had to take a pic when I saw it! It's the worst bargain ever!

4824911412_60f3e7af7d_z_d.jpg

Speaking of daft road signs...

I saw one on Holland Park Avenue the other day, stating "DELAYS POSSIBLE". Isn't that always the case? I've yet to see a sign reassuring me that they are impossible.

And today on the M25, a bog standard black-on-yellow metal roadworks sign headed "Advanced notice". Didn't look very advanced to me...

Who writes this stuff?

Speaking of daft road signs...

I saw one on Holland Park Avenue the other day, stating "DELAYS POSSIBLE". Isn't that always the case? I've yet to see a sign reassuring me that they are impossible.

And today on the M25, a bog standard black-on-yellow metal roadworks sign headed "Advanced notice". Didn't look very advanced to me...

Who writes this stuff?

That always annoys me. Delays are always possible. What I want to know is are they probable? :wallbash:

It's like the "slow moving traffic for x miles" - how do they know!

I'm with Franey.

The second floor "Ghoul" looks alot more interesting.

I was hoping that you'd have some story to go with it!

lol

:thumb:

Is the "ghoul" the same spot of water I am seeing on the windscreen or lens?

And today on the M25, a bog standard black-on-yellow metal roadworks sign headed "Advanced notice".

Saw another "Advanced notice" roadworks sign recently, in a completely different area. Coincidence, or are they all working to an incorrect template?

Guarantee 90% of people wouldn't even get that it's the wrong word...

My favourite roadsign (albeit on one of those gantry LED jobbies) was "WARNING! ONCOMING VEHICLE!" on the M1.

O...K... Do what now?

Saw a sign today:

'Canal width restriction apply from June 2009 for approximately 6 months'

On a canal in London. 'approximately 6 months'? We're in August 2010....

builderseh.jpg

How are they going to get home? (Sorry! Don't know how to resize image)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom