What is wrong with this picture?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There used to be a road in the City of London that was No Entry both ends, Billiter Street. A chap came into the front office to complain about a PC. It seems the officers had said, when asked, that the road was along Fenchurch Street and if it was no entry he should turn left at the traffic lights and approach it from Leadenhall Street.

The only way to get into Billiter Street, was along the road that joined it half way long its length. Also, for added fun, there was no left turn from Fenchurch Street into Leadenhall Street.

The station inspector apologised to the driver and said that as it was 1st April he should have been ready for an April Fool's joke. The chap left, mollified. However, it was 2nd April.

In those days the complaints system wasn't quite so well honed as it is nowadays.

Eh?

shed.jpg

Forgot about that one.... the answer I was looking for: I was not "illegally parked".... I was on foot. How can I be illegally parked if I don't have a car?

Anyhow..... this one is self explanatory :doh: :

Amazon.png

Last edited:
The exact location is Lisson Street corner of Bell Street, NW1, viewed from Lisson Street facing south.

...care to elaborate?

I thought it was one way...it isn't when viewed at street level. But the street is too narrow for two way traffic? And it would be difficult to move when at the end of the street given that cars are allowed to park so close to the junction.

Single yellow suggests that parking is allowed at times on the other side of the street.
This would leave the street to narrow for any traffic to pass?
Oh, and if it IS a one way, why is the Mercedes facing the opposite way?

To clarify - none the streets leading to this junction are signposted as one-way.

Crap picture whilst sat for 5 minutes stationary in traffic.

2hplgs9.jpg

No real explanation needed ....... :)

my pet hate with road signs is the ones left on the road a long time after whatever it was has gone,we have a sign on the A120 at Colchester that tells all the drivers heading for the A12 London bound to beware of the flood,has been there all through the summer in one of the driest areas in the country

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom