What is your hobby?

• Thread starter Deleted member 150136
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine are pretty boring but here goes

DIY - fixing anything that's broken for myself and friends
Tinkering with cars where possible
Forums

Not so much a hobby but most of my time is spent looking after my Granddad these days so takes up most of my time

wow, that looks........high!
This pic was taken even higher - just over 10,000 ft..!

10-000-07-04-018.png

See that conurbation just below my feet - that`s Salisbury..

I collect old toy cars. Matchbox, dinky, etc. Just getting back into photography and also collect motoring memorabilia

I collect watches and stopwatches. Also been a keen photographer for about 34 years. Enjoy mountain biking. Like butchering wood. Enjoy watching films on my cinema set-up.

How do you find the time with all the drinking, fighting and shagging?
I like to mix them together. So, drinking and riding, adds an extra dimension to downhills.
Power tools and wood butchery are good companions for fighting. As for photography, we'll, let's say special photos help pay for the hobbies! Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more!😉😉😉

I used to shoot (pistols) there as a child in the '60s and early '70s. It's probably changed a bit since then :D

I used to shoot practical pistol for many years, mostly at Broomhills in Dunstable. That came to a halt in 1999 following the Cullen Inquiry. I confine myself to target rifle these days (gallery, and 600yd).

I’m a life long Chelsea fan, and was a season ticket holder when I lived in London.

Life long builder and flyer of rc planes. Good to see a few of us on here!

DIY - my dad was a carpenter so luckily I’ve picked up a lot from him - if only I could lay bricks like him 😞

Cars - always been a passion, which started with an obsession of the Triumph Stag

I used to shoot practical pistol for many years, mostly at Broomhills in Dunstable. That came to a halt in 1999 following the Cullen Inquiry. I confine myself to target rifle these days (gallery, and 600yd).

In London in the early '80s I worked with a guy who regularly brought pistols into the office when he was going shooting after work. He would have them out now and again, cleaning them at his desk etc. Different times. As an aside the company I moved to in 1986 (still in London) had their own gun club, with a shooting range in the basement.

I got taken to Bisley by my step grandfather - I had my own .22 (on his FAC) but also used to shoot his pistols quite regularly ... mostly .22 and .38. He was what you'd call a 'character' now ... he worked in London and carried a sword stick when commuting. He also owned a couple of shotgun walking sticks, although they never left the house!

My own pistol ended up in storage at Fultons (Bisley) and was there when my grandfather died ... I don't know what happened to it. It was a lovely but fairly obscure thing ... an Armes des Pyrenees Unique Modele D, just like this (although mine had a shortened barrel):

Capture.JPG

As a baby boomer, I’m old enough to know better, but I’m still playing bass guitar - one band on hold indefinitely through Covid, but church band still very active.

Also the 3 wheeler in my avatar pic, which I built 20-odd years ago, and which unfortunately hasn’t been used much during lockdowns.

And keeping all 3 cars as immaculate as possible - to the entertainment of neighbours...

Is that a CX500 engine in your 3-wheeler, Baxlin?
Two of my motorbicycles are CX`s - 650`s, though.
How do you find it in the trike?

Is that a CX500 engine in your 3-wheeler, Baxlin?
Two of my motorbicycles are CX`s - 650`s, though.
How do you find it in the trike?
Yep, CX500.
it’s ‘adequate’, shall we say, for someone of my advanced years! I have mated a Citroen 2CV rim to the rear hub, making the gearing approx 10mph per 1000 revs in 5th gear, so it’s happy at 70-ish on M-ways.

Chassis are available to take the Honda CX 500, 650, Turbo, and the Pan Europeans, also there’s at least two Harleys (but they have a separate gearbox).

But currently, the Guzzi range seems to be more popular with new builds (it’s a kit), presumably because the Honda twisted twins are getting scarce nowadays. I have one complete spare engine, and most parts for another, plus carbs, radiator etc.

Attachments

• 66F60C58-5B85-4D5A-8642-8D606853EF51.jpeg
    66F60C58-5B85-4D5A-8642-8D606853EF51.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Yep, CX500.
it’s ‘adequate’, shall we say, for someone of my advanced years! I have mated a Citroen 2CV rim to the rear hub, making the gearing approx 10mph per 1000 revs in 5th gear, so it’s happy at 70-ish on M-ways.

Chassis are available to take the Honda CX 500, 650, Turbo, and the Pan Europeans, also there’s at least two Harleys (but they have a separate gearbox).

But currently, the Guzzi range seems to be more popular with new builds (it’s a kit), presumably because the Honda twisted twins are getting scarce nowadays. I have one complete spare engine, and most parts for another, plus carbs, radiator etc.
Wasn’t the CX500 the plastic maggot?

^^It certainly was, and still is!
I prefer `Gullepumpe` which is German for `liquid manure pump` (origin: German bike magazine cartoon)..

Here is one of mine, it`s slightly modified...

P5020016.jpg

Last edited:
My eyes hurt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom