What is your hobby?

• Thread starter Deleted member 150136
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^^It certainly was, and still is!
I prefer `Gullepumpe` which is German for `liquid manure pump` (origin: German bike magazine cartoon)..

Here is one of mine, it`s slightly modified...

P5020016.jpg
How does this handle?

How does this handle?
Just as badly as a standard CX500 - which is a good result as it could have been a lot worse!

Nah, it actually handles fine, with a low C of G, long wheelbase and Front Axle Reactive Trail Suspension which is adjustable for rake/trail, ride height, shock linkage ratio and preload/damping it`s very stable. It`s certainly no twitchy sportbike with instant turn-in but it wasn`t built for scratching on the twisties, it`s for long routes in relative comfort, and has completed many a tour of foreign climes from Norway down to Italy and Hungary with everywhere in between with no problems at all.

P5240102_2.jpg

Was motorbikes until I hit 50 and with my wife talking sense into me I gave it up.
My other lifelong hobby is Astronomy and its my daily work.
Always liked to dabble in airguns to, I think it was just a boy thing in my day that stayed with me.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1563268291597.jpg
    FB_IMG_1563268291597.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 7
  • FB_IMG_1565210612979.jpg
    FB_IMG_1565210612979.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 7
  • FB_IMG_1565210668476.jpg
    FB_IMG_1565210668476.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Was motorbikes until I hit 50 and with my wife talking sense into me I gave it up.
Always liked to dabble in airguns to, I think it was just a boy thing in my day that stayed with me.
I got into bikes then out of them but recently got got back in again.

I've always been interested in astronomy. I have a Celestron C11, but unfortunately it gets far too little use.😔

Screenshot_20210501-111405_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210501-111419_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210501-111455_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210501-111543_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210501-111651_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210501-112100_WhatsApp.jpgScreenshot_20210501-112123_WhatsApp.jpgScreenshot_20210501-112232_WhatsApp.jpgScreenshot_20210501-112338_WhatsApp.jpg

I have a random collection of bikes, also got a small modern vespa and half a dozen or so bmxs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-112033_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210501-112033_WhatsApp.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 5
Sorry thread revival, rather than start another one... its not really a hobby, more of an interest that I've had for years. Anyways, I've always loved playing pinball machines and have thought about actually getting one . Does anyone on here have one? I'm interested in whether to buy one or if you can rent them. What about maintenance etc. Thoughts welcome, thanks

Sorry thread revival, rather than start another one... its not really a hobby, more of an interest that I've had for years. Anyways, I've always loved playing pinball machines and have thought about actually getting one . Does anyone on here have one? I'm interested in whether to buy one or if you can rent them. What about maintenance etc. Thoughts welcome, thanks
Wow - ive just had a look - i didn't realise pinball machines were so valuable! There was one being restored i saw on Salvage Hunters and The Repair Shop. The Repair Shop guy was apparently Geoff Harvey. He did one on Dec 2nd apparently but ive not seen that one yet. He might be worth a shout...

Pinball Hire Retro Arcade Service Events Birthdays Weddings Film TV

Rugby - season ticket holder at Leicester
Manage my lads U16 rugby team - no coaching, just the admin, player registration, fixture management etc
Cycling - bit of road and MTB when I can
Lego - bit of a Lego nut - done a few custom models:

Attachments

• 20210225_134933.jpg
    20210225_134933.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • -drulgc.jpg
    -drulgc.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 3
My main problem is I have too many hobbies, so a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none! Cycling is always there - road, mtb, more recently vintage. I used to compete quite a bit. Then shooting, archery, motorbikes and cars (I’m a devout Alfisti but also love my Merc!), hillwalking and mountaineering. Indoor rowing is a recent fitness hobby. Over the various lockdowns I seemed to adopt a new project/hobby with each phase. First was RC car restoration, then coffee machines and lastly the vintage mower I’m restoring! Understandably, my Wife doesn’t always understand but thankfully is rather tolerant! (Apologies, photos are a bit wonky from my iPad!)

12A57AA8-ECC0-42C8-9AA4-37D1B9959619.jpeg96386337-F694-4A3E-9C2F-7D589B48AFA9.jpeg

Hi , OO gauge trains are my real hobby.I have recently started building again generating a u shape base board 12 X 6 X 4 allowing for option to build a large bridge to produce a large oval of track.I am not a model builder but I don't want a train set out of the box affair.

In reality I like building the layout rather than using the trains but hay ho each to their own.

I have other interests such as photography but my standard is poor ( telegraph pole sticking out of a man's head ) but very occasionally I produce a reasonable picture !

I've been going to QPR for many years with my kids and various friends. This season I was persuaded by my son to get season tickets again as a post-Covid treat.

To say that we dived back in once the ground re-opened would be an understatement. Between August and the end of November we'd made 12 QPR games - which, for me, is normally a season's worth.

Not just home games either - we sent south of the river for a cup game with Orient and also went to away games at West Brom & Peterborough.

It's a great way to spend quality time with my now-teenage son and it's a really social thing to do. I've lots of old mates from the neighbourhood who go and I've also made new friends virtually and then in real life through a forum like this one.

Love it.

Rugby - season ticket holder at Leicester
Manage my lads U16 rugby team - no coaching, just the admin, player registration, fixture management etc
Cycling - bit of road and MTB when I can
Lego - bit of a Lego nut - done a few custom models:
Saracens season ticket holder here.

Obviously anything with an engine but apart from that, fly fishing all over the world, river or sea.

Used to be track days but now mainly playing on the water.

Attachments

• Nurburgring2010pic2_zps8e972392.jpg
    Nurburgring2010pic2_zps8e972392.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Dusky.jpg
    Dusky.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
Motorcycles. The '84 Kawasaki Z1300 I built into it's current incarnation after buying it as a front end write off 22 years ago. And the '07 Yamaha MT-01 I bought as a treat to myself for my 40th birthday 14 years ago, been around Europe on that a few times. Still got them both, but sadly don't get as much time to ride them these days.

Attachments

• 56158263_10218991967654652_7715356088052219904_n.jpg
    56158263_10218991967654652_7715356088052219904_n.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 2009_08270015.jpg
    2009_08270015.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 9
OK Thread move.... I didn't spot this area ..... Doh
My moniker is Pioneer collector and this is because i have a deep rooted love of 1970's HiFi ( Ever since i discovered that i could not afford it when i was younger ..... Also applies to bikes and cars!)

So i set about collecting the entire stack of the top of the range 1976 - 1980 Silver series Pioneer HiFi ..... Took many years and the pieces came from Japan, US, Greece, Eastern Europe, Russia...... You get the picture.

So what other passions do other members here have besides lovely cars and bikes?

I also like green laning and play Tenor sax ... Some of these pursuits are easier than others as i am now 58

Attachments

• Pioneer stack spinning Vinyl resized.jpg
    Pioneer stack spinning Vinyl resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • Resized Pioneer stack A.jpg
    Resized Pioneer stack A.jpg
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Me Saxing.jpg
    Me Saxing.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 13
  • WR450 resized.jpg
    WR450 resized.jpg
    934.6 KB · Views: 12
A bit boring compared to some on here and I'm certainly not in the same financial bracket as many members on here (no speed boats or planes for me!!!!!).......but

Bikes...I've had about 30 different bikes over my 40 years of riding...even tried my had at racing an old GSXR1100L. Got motorcycle NCB since 1987....I bet not many can say that on a bike policy (got car NCB since 1988 too!)
Spannering cars and bikes (I did it for a living for a short while....then I realised there was more money in selling them!)....I still do the odd paid job for beer money....but mainly just family cars.
DIY....its amazing what you can learn if you are too young and poor to pay someone else to do it!!
Snowboarding....I'm a reasonable intermediate....not been since before COVID though.
Shooting....got several shotguns and air weapons (pics were posted in another thread).
Walking..lots of countryside around here (South Downs) and most Friday afternoons I can be found walking around Pagham Harbour.
Fishing.....mainly beach casting and spinning for Bass at the harbour entrance (but occasionally from a pier or boat)....cant see the point of fresh water and carp fishing....If I catch it I want to be able to eat it!!!
Gardening......its not huge but I have two ponds linked with a waterfall and Koi carp.
Classic cars....I don't own one at the moment.....but I'm a member a regular attendee at the SADCASE meeting....usually in my ALFA.!....which is usually the only derv powered car there!!!

That's about it....I'm still working to many hours to squeeze in much more!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom