What is your job?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
I was wondering what people do for work.

I think you all know what I do....

My career was in international corporate tax - worked for both “sides” over the years. Have now been retired for six years and try to apply my skills, such as they are, to charity work.

Europe and Africa Sales Manager for an oil and gas exploration/production company (laboratories). I’ve mostly worked in and around oil and gas labs since 1994 with the odd well site job in Africa, Middle East and Europe. We do quite a bit with carbon sequestration as well.

Ran away to sea at 15 (OK, joined the Royal Navy as a cook!) Left in 1978 and worked as a chef at Gestetner and Capital Radio on Euston Rd. Got speaking to a copier salesman who had a company car so got a job in IT sales (Orion Ghia!) Various roles in IT culminating in Business & Bid management before redundancy hit. Ran a bacon butty wagon for a year until our "Travelling" brethren advised taking "their" pitches was bad for my health and working limbs functionality...... Finished my working life as an CEO complaints handler for TalkTalk

Last edited:
I was wondering what people do for work.

Not much nowadays, not exactly a life of leisure but no urgency to get things done any more.

I think you all know what I do....

Pretty similar to me I heard, I understood Jack and Josh did all the real stuff. :D

Not much nowadays, not exactly a life of leisure but no urgency to get things done any more.

Pretty similar to me I heard, I understood Jack and Josh did all the real stuff. :D
Ha ha!!

I own 75% of a Caravan Park which I also manage (of a fashion).

I used to blog - caravanparkmanager.wordpress.com

I've run a safety supply company for the last 30+ years I'm coming up to my 66 Birthday in October so will start to run down from there with a view to getting fully out within two years.

Prior to that I worked for Rio Tinto and in the Coal Mining Equipment supply industry before that.

What did you do?
Army,QA,Sales admin,Sales Manager various automotive OEMs,Sales manager for caravan chassis, European Area Sales Manager for printers, Bookshop owner.
Parleyed my ability to read an engineering drawing and my fluent German in to a varied and interesting career.

Solicitor, worked initially in Nottingham, London, Thame (Oxfordshire) before becoming a partner in a Hampshire practice where I became senior & managing partner. We invested in a legal software house, and owned one of the first 15 IBM PC dealerships in the UK. Lots more but that's the short story. Retired from practice but continued various consultancies and directorships until 2016 when at age 74 I had a quad heart bypass, and haven't worked since.

Worked as a Computer operator after leaving school at BDH (British Drug House) now a distant memory.
Left at 21 to get married and work in construction as the money was better.
Spent the next 44 years as a steelfixer in all manner of civil engineering projects.
Bridges, sewage works, high rise tower blocks, swimming pools, luxury homes in Sandbanks, I 've done them all.
Finally packed in 10 years ago and loving the life of retirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom