What is your most surprisingly good cleaning tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nightmage

Car
E63, S212
Just cleaned our car last night and wiped all the water off immediately after cleaning with the Autoglym One Pass tool. I was sceptical about buying it as it cost over £20 but it follows the contours of the cars so well and gets all the water off better than a chamois cloth! I can highly recommend this to everyone. So what car detailing tool did you buy with scepticism and now would you not want to do without?

Attachments

• E6763F92-9FD9-4B2C-8FA3-7783A01EE039.jpeg
    E6763F92-9FD9-4B2C-8FA3-7783A01EE039.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
Just cleaned our car last night and wiped all the water off immediately after cleaning with the Autoglym One Pass tool. I was sceptical about buying it as it cost over £20 but it follows the contours of the cars so well and gets all the water off better than a chamois cloth! I can highly recommend this to everyone. So what car detailing tool did you buy with scepticism and now would you not want to do without?
I only use those squeegee tools on glass. My concern with using them on paintwork is that if it picks up a bit of grit it will cause scratches.

My best cleaning tool is my set of wheel woolies. They’re expensive but with no bits of metal within them to scratch my precious alloys they’re worth every penny.

25ACE7CE-C1F3-4B8F-8475-77837A690A64.jpeg

Not sure if this strictly counts as a 'tool', but mine is using harvested rainwater in a water butt to feed the pressure washer, rather than the tap. I don't even need to chamois/dry the car any more as the water evaporates without leaving any marks.

Martin.

DIESEL
Parts detailing, always start with a soak in a diesel bath, shifts anything off metal parts, ie oil carbon and sometimes it will soften rust. Great as a penetrative on rusty bolts

My best cleaning tool is my set of wheel woolies.
+1 on the Wheel Woolies - the best wheel brush I've ever used.

However, my best cleaning tool is undoubtedly a DI Vessel which means I can simply allow the car to air dry after washing and never have to use a drying towel.

Not bought with scepticism, because I’d read of them on Detailing World forum..

My various microfibre cloths and Megs’ washing mitts. Plus one for never using a blade on paintwork.

Personally I would avoid using a blade to dry my car for fear of dragging grit across the paintwork causing scratches.

My best cleaning tool is a DI vessel. I never have to dry the car. Combined with with a spray on wash off sealant it’s unbeatable.

A DI vessel is like winter tyres. Widely dismissed but the closest things to a motoring miracle. Get one and be amazed.

Autoglym synthetic leather . Cost £9.99 from Halford been uesing them for 20 years no leather will match it . Nothing will get the car dry thats on the market, other than a rain blower.Get one,, and if you dont like it i,, will take it off your hands for what you paid for it .

Autoglym synthetic leather . Cost £9.99 from Halford been uesing them for 20 years no leather will match it . Nothing will get the car dry thats on the market, other than a rain blower.Get one,, and if you dont like it i,, will take it off your hands for what you paid for it .
Agree, but have you tried the new Autoglym insta-dry, it's brilliant, dare I say better than the, Autoglym synthetic one. :) 👍

+1 on the Wheel Woolies - the best wheel brush I've ever used.

However, my best cleaning tool is undoubtedly a DI Vessel which means I can simply allow the car to air dry after washing and never have to use a drying towel.
+1! I use both these and have done for a few years, excellent bit of kit and the DI is a godsend when you have black cars like me!

Personally I would avoid using a blade to dry my car for fear of dragging grit across the paintwork causing scratches.

My best cleaning tool is a DI vessel. I never have to dry the car. Combined with with a spray on wash off sealant it’s unbeatable.

A DI vessel is like winter tyres. Widely dismissed but the closest things to a motoring miracle. Get one and be amazed.
With you on this buddy,
Di vessel, twinned with my BigBoi Blower.

I have used both of these but to me the Autoglym synthetic leather bets them all heads down. Your talking to a guy thats cleaned cars and caravans. for a major outlet for 20 years before i retired . Ther is a long story about these clothes that Autoglym call their own .But the came out over 40 years ago as Minky Glass clothes. I used one on my car and found them fantastic . Then i purchased 6 at a time from a well known shopping store .But after some time they were all sold out .Looked to replace them for years .Even tried ones that looked the same type of material,,, they are made of a very fine spun rubber without any success .And as i had the old package i sent off to Sweden the country of manufacture and i managed to buy 12 ....But as years went by those were given awayone at a time .And some were lost in my house move . So then i ended up with the last one i had . And one day i went in to Halfords and i do like Autoglym polish,,i saw the box of what looked like the original synthetic leathers .. And they were just the same.

G3 clay mitt for me. I’ve used Bilt hamber and autoglym clay bars before but the mitt is so much easier and quicker, and it feels less likely to marr. Its really soft so follows the contours much better than clay. Really satisfying to use.

Nightmage
Be very very careful when using that blade thing of yours. Make absolutely no grit on the car as it will easerly scratch the paint. See my post What A Muppet and be warned!

Poor chap has got the wrong idea about cleaning , that's not how you use a pipe cleaner .

That's not a cleaning maids uniform either !
OMG that cannot be unseen. However what worries me more, is how you obtained the picture or.......Is it you? o_O ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom