What is your most surprisingly good cleaning tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Please can somebody explain DI vessels?! I googled it but am still mystified... Being regularly frustrated by the difficulty of cleaning a black car (how many times do I have to go back over it with the drying cloth to catch all the little drips that sneak out of the light clusters and windows corners...? :crazy:) I’m interested to learn more!

Please can somebody explain DI vessels?! I googled it but am still mystified... Being regularly frustrated by the difficulty of cleaning a black car (how many times do I have to go back over it with the drying cloth to catch all the little drips that sneak out of the light clusters and windows corners...? :crazy:) I’m interested to learn more!
Imagine a canister not dissimilar to a diver’s air tank - with an inlet and an outlet - which you connect in like with your hose pipe. Best to connect it at the opposite end to the tap to mi

You wash your car without it connected, as normal, and as long as the car doesn’t dry then you just connect it for the final rinse. You can use it with a jet wash or a conventional trigger.

DIESEL
Parts detailing, always start with a soak in a diesel bath, shifts anything off metal parts, ie oil carbon and sometimes it will soften rust. Great as a penetrative on rusty bolts
used to soak parts in paraffin years ago. came up a treat.

Regarding the pic above, i think the farmer wanted to rev the balls out of his tractor!

If all else fails, I like to use a brillo pad with neat washing up liquid to remove the stubborn stains :thumb:
I did that once for bird lime on the roof of my mini. I hated my stupidity every time I got into the car thereafter.

Reactions: Abb
Personally I would avoid using a blade to dry my car for fear of dragging grit across the paintwork causing scratches.

My best cleaning tool is a DI vessel. I never have to dry the car. Combined with with a spray on wash off sealant it’s unbeatable.

A DI vessel is like winter tyres. Widely dismissed but the closest things to a motoring miracle. Get one and be amazed.
DItto, the water filter is also my best purchase. I hate drying the car.

+36 for not using a blade tool , I wish I’d kept a pic of the scratch I left on my old cars roof

vacuum cleaner, especially after driving my child

For me its E Z Wheel Brushes for spokes and arches, absolutely think they are great. Bit pricey to others but i'm extremely happy with there results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom