what material is used on the front interior bulkhead of a Mercedes 230ce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D. O'Brien

Car
mercedes E2OO
Hi there,

Would anyone know what material is used on the front interior bulkhead of a Mercedes 230ce, 1893? It is located under the front carpet, just behind the pedals and appears to be a cement-like substance. Also, if cracked, can it be repaired?

Many thanks,

David.

Hi there,

Would anyone know what material is used on the front interior bulkhead of a Mercedes 230ce, 1893? It is located under the front carpet, just behind the pedals and appears to be a cement-like substance. Also, if cracked, can it be repaired?

Many thanks,

David.

you'd probably get more answers if you didnt title all your posts with your real name.... instead this thread could be called "what material is used on the front interior bulkhead of a Mercedes 230ce"

in 1893 i think it would of been made out of granite or something similar.

joking side :D You could tape any cracks up with gaffer tape or similar i guess, but why bother? I guess MB dealer would sell you this stuff shaped to the car but you'd have trouble getting it off I'd imagine.

David

Being a new member I didn't notice a forum for sarcasm. Thanks for the useful advice.

thread title changed for you.

Im still not sure if you are referring to an 83 or a 93 CE.

you'd probably get more answers if you didnt title all your posts with your real name.... instead this thread could be called "what material is used on the front interior bulkhead of a Mercedes 230ce"

in 1893 i think it would of been made out of granite or something similar.

joking side :D You could tape any cracks up with gaffer tape or similar i guess, but why bother? I guess MB dealer would sell you this stuff shaped to the car but you'd have trouble getting it off I'd imagine.

^^^ Sniggers.

Being a new member I didn't notice a forum for sarcasm. Thanks for the useful advice.

It was useful advice that you were given and I am sure not meant as sarcasm, do you need help recovering your toys back into the pram?:D

Last edited:
Hey guys, give this new member a chance. He asked a civil question under a heading which was not seen to be helpful to himself.

Please let him get his feet under the table of this forum and to understand that there is a lot of ribbing that goes on here, before exposing him to our humour. Thanks.

Hey guys, give this new member a chance. He asked a civil question under a heading which was not seen to be helpful to himself.

Please let him get his feet under the table of this forum and to understand that there is a lot of ribbing that goes on here, before exposing him to our humour. Thanks.

He also, to be fair, got good and civil advice and the humour was harmless and well intentioned!:thumb:

Repairing bulkhead

May I start again?

Just looking for some advice on repairing a bulkhead.

Thanks.

I think you're referring to the self adhesive pads that prevents panel resonance / vibration, applied at the factory before paint.

They do harden, shrink and crack with age, but are still doing the job. Unless you have a rusty floor, then they'll need removal to repair the damage otherwise I'd leave it alone as it is covered under the foam insulation & carpet. I wouldn't fancy the task of chipping them off.

Replacements can be found on ebay - item no. 220638134673

Bulkhead repair

Thank you very much for this information. Exactly what I needed to know.

Sorry if i offended, but after several posts with your name as the title i thought someone had to point it out, otherwise you'd never know?? You'd find more people will view your thread if they can see the question in the title rather than your name. Only trying to help you out!

Only having a bit of a laugh playing on the strange title of the thread (and previous threads) (now changed) and the fact you had put a typo of 1893 instead of 1983... and did give my best advice also, wasnt meant to be taken as sarcasm.

Bulkhead repair

No offence taken. Having a bad day! Thanks for getting in touch.

The pads are usually bitumen.
As said, they are there to dampen the steel resonance and still function if cracked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom