What model W124 Cabrio has the best long term value?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drv1981

Hello

hope you all are well??

I am a strong enthusiast for the w124 CABRIOLET.

I am in a Dilema..

The w124 Convertible sportline models were available before the facelift and also after the facelift.

If there was a choice between a 1993 pre facelift 320ce sportline with 25k miles on clock or a 1994 post facelift e320 sportline with again 25k miles on clock, for similar money, which would you choose? and why?

Both seem great, the pre facelift is more aggressive and looks more old school mercedes whilst the post facelift is more elegant, but what would you think has a better long term value??

thanks guys

Search threads on here re the 320 loom issues.

There are rumours that the post facelift sportline car has slightly more compliant suspension. Other than that, they are very similar - unless you are also looking at the earlier pre facelift 300-24v which has a different character due to the engine characteristics.

Most people prefer the later car, personally I quite like the pre facelift look, the proportions are a teeny bit happier imho however I'd buy on condition and recent history rather than age.

Ade

Last edited:
320 facelift sportline will always fetch the best price if immaculate.. 220's just dont fetch good money anymore, not matter how clean.

The one with the best body/hood condition whatever model/age it is.

I seem to recall that the labour charge for fitting a new hood is 40 hrs +

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom