What model would you like to see reborn?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Giantvanman

MB Enthusiast
Car
FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
Following on from Land Rover's decision to (successfully) start a factory restoration business for the Series One Land Rover Series I Reborn - Own a Heritage Vehicle - Land Rover UK
and now the Range Rover Classic http://media.landrover.com/news/2017/02/range-rover-reborn-set-world-debut-salon-retromobile-2017-0

what model Mercedes-Benz would you like to see the factory restore to as new condition and begin selling again?

N.B. LR are buying good examples and using existing parts to restore but not re-tooling in any way.....and they are selling for over six figures

Mercedes-Benz already do this in the Oldtimer Centre in Stuttgart and always have a selection of restored classics for sale at eye watering prices .

Marilyn Monroe?

Look familiar?

2016-Ford-Capri-Price-and-Release-date1.jpg

rc300h-gallery-001-1920x1080_tcm-3066-560172.jpg

what model Mercedes-Benz would you like to see the factory restore to as new condition and begin selling again?
S211 E55K or S211 E400 CDi in right hand drive.

Failing those, a reliable and non rusty S203 C32...

I was forced to chose a Mercedes it has to be the W111 Cabriolet in V8 engine form. Since it was eye wateringly expensive when new I image even restored the price today would put it beyond the reach of mere mortals.
542__1532.jpg

https://youtu.be/MGrDghqCtqI
[YOUTUBE]MGrDghqCtqI[/YOUTUBE]

What model would you like to see reborn?

Wow, that's a very interesting question and almost impossible to answer. The closest I can come to answering is an 80's model but a prerequisite would be KE-Jet delete replaced with EFi. A nice facelift W126 500SE or a very early W201 2.3-16 would do :D while keeping things within a reasonable price range.

Not for me but thank you anyway, I've had enough of silver cars now. :D

:D

But seriously, I'm assuming the car was originally silver with black interior, and they were being true to originality?

Otherwise, why choose such a plain scheme, when they could have made the car so much more lusciously expensive.

:D

But seriously, I'm assuming the car was originally silver with black interior, and they were being true to originality?

Otherwise, why choose such a plain scheme, when they could have made the car so much more lusciously expensive.

Odds on that was the original colour alright. Over the years I'm seen several with the same colour scheme. I also remember when they were max £30k. Yeah, hindsight and all that...:(

Gee that's quite a lot wonder if the 124 Cabriolets will start to rise this summer...?

Last edited:
I'd love to see the w126 560 SEL and the w123 280 TE reborn.

For those who wish to peruse , the following page lists the cars currently for sale , some coming up soon , and a few that you have just missed - such as the W124 E60AMG or the W202 DTM race car !

ALL TIME STARS Fahrzeuge

I'd love to see the w126 560 SEL and the w123 280 TE reborn.

You missed the 560SEL , which sold recently for an undisclosed price , and this one had the ultra rare trip computer !

ALL TIME STARS Mercedes-Benz W 126 560 SEL

There was also a factory restored 230TE , but alas no 280's currently listed . I had one about 25 years ago , and a fine car it was , although I traded it for a W124 300TE , which was also a very good car .

ALL TIME STARS Mercedes-Benz S 123 230 TE

I think the prize had to go the the , unfortunately sold , 190SL with 29 Km on the odometer ( actually 28.7 Km if you look at the trip counter ) , looking at the detail photos , this is a factory fresh car !

ALL TIME STARS Mercedes-Benz W 121 190 SL

Last edited:
I'd go for a nice 126 Coupe (call it a 560 SEC for nostalgia's sake) with today's 4.0 Bi-turbo in it. Oh, and I"ll go retro velours instead of leather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom