What MPG are people getting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some of these MPG figures are indeed quite impressive given the engine sizes and underlying performance.

Wonder if there is some sort of MPG to performance ratio with a particular sweet spot?

2005 CLS55 AMG

Best
25.9 Plymouth to Lincoln not hanging around

Worst
Tends to average about 13-15mpg around town for short journey stuff

C220Sport i regularly get 55+ out of mine without trying

OK to make you bigger cars feel even better... as I have seen some big cars getting ridiculously good MPG figures... my little B170 averages 39mpg on a legal motorway run, 30mpg around town in traffic.

Nothing out there will beat m113 engine attached to 7g box in mpg within this size of a lump
These engines are simply awesome!!!

had a test drive in a couple of 350cgi cars ,before i went for the 350cdi , and it was a lovely smooth engine , but if found it didnt really do much under 3,000 revs , obviously a vvti engine , but when you ring its neck , it was a flying machine . Nearly 29mpg from a petrol 3.5ltr V6 is commendable , and confirms how efficient new petrol engines have become , (i had an older version of this engine in a Chrysler 300c , it was a heavy lump and it was gutless and drank fuel , needless to say , it didnt last long in my ownership)

To be honest, 95% of the time it never gets above 2000rpm, sat at 70mph it is only doing 1100rpm or something.
It is incredibly smooth up to 3000rpm, and almost silent, then when you get to 3000rpm it comes alive and the exhaust opens up and start to make a nice sound.

But I enjoy the silent and smooth cruising as much as I do when pressing on, hence why my MPG is probably so good. Finished this tank on 32mpg yesterday.
498 miles and put in 15.6 gallons, which works out at 31.9mpg.

I also put in Shell Nitro+ this time, will see what that does over the next two tankfuls.

Mercator said:
Averaging 32mpg for the E320cdi and 24mpg for the SL500.

Isn't 32 a bit on the lowlife for a E320?id be expecting low 40's at worse

Isn't 32 a bit on the lowlife for a E320?id be expecting low 40's at worse

I used to get around 34/35 from my S211 (MY07 facelift) and 33/34 from my 2010 S212 E350 cdi.

Anyone spot any Hybrid MPG mentions?

low 10's on spirited driving and average 15mpg town driving

c70a0d7285cece22ba9105f7f91268e1.jpg

Last 2000 miles average over 40mpg ;-) Mixed driving but quite a few longer journeys from
London to Cornwall, on one of which averaged over 50mpg.

E220 bluetec estate

I get around 20mpg out of my ml270 but im driving around north wales country side around farms and fields plus i dont hang about i tried to drive conservatively but didnt like it.

W124- E280 5 speed auto- 24-29 mixed driving
2015 335d GT msport X drive- 40- same journeys
Getting rid of the boring, dull, predictable and overly clinical car- see u BMW!!!!
No only kidding I liked it but very torquey and no nice sound- for me the excitement in performance comes with the sound- without that u just end up going too fast and too soon!!
Looking forward to driving the W124 as my everyday car again.
Some impressive figures in here- like the sound of the Nitro!!

I have a 59 plate S320
On local runs and day to day I get around 29mpg
On a run of more than say 30 miles I can get 37mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom