What MPG are people getting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I see anything from about 25-35mpg (3.5l V6 petrol) depending on all the usual factors. Drive for long enough and it always gets above 30.

This is just from the readout on the dash, I don't bother calculating it manually. If I cared that much I'd have got something with a much more economical engine :) I only do about 5,000 miles a year in it.

Incidentally, choice of manual/comfort/sport setting or normal/premium petrol doesn't seem to make any real world difference. It does seem to sound a bit 'growlier' with premium fuel and I normally just leave it in sport.

I see anything from about 25-35mpg (3.5l V6 petrol) depending on all the usual factors. Drive for long enough and it always gets above 30.

This is just from the readout on the dash, I don't bother calculating it manually. If I cared that much I'd have got something with a much more economical engine :) I only do about 5,000 miles a year in it.

Incidentally, choice of manual/comfort/sport setting or normal/premium petrol doesn't seem to make any real world difference. It does seem to sound a bit 'growlier' with premium fuel and I normally just leave it in sport.
I agree, I did a fair bit of research before I bought my C55 AMG, but one thing I didn't bother researching was expected MPG. As you say , if you are worried about economy don't buy cars with big engines.

I am curious as to why you leave your car in 'sport' mode all of the time ?

Cheers.

At the moment with lots of urban driving I'm averaging between 18-22mpg.
I get 28-30mpg on the motorway runs (which I'm very happy with).
M157 - 5.5bi-turbo V8.

I agree, I did a fair bit of research before I bought my C55 AMG, but one thing I didn't bother researching was expected MPG. As you say , if you are worried about economy don't buy cars with big engines.

I am curious as to why you leave your car in 'sport' mode all of the time ?

Cheers.

I just think of sport as the 'normal' setting I guess. If it's icy or very wet I put it in comfort but, in my car at least, there's not really that much difference between the two. I occasionally put it in manual for a bit just for fun, but the fun wears off pretty soon - it's a lot easier to use the paddles while in sport and then stick it back in D once I've had enough.

C220 Sport 2012 saloon with 18" wheels, I drive mostly motorway (90%), with stop start in for 30mins or so depending on traffic. I'm getting 55.4mpg over 15k miles.

When I set off from work it's down hill i've seen the mpg climb up to 75+ mpg, lol like thats even true.

Anyway journey today 67 miles, driving around 50-60 for the first 20mins or so (until engine has fully warmed up), then 65-70 rest of the way dropping to 60 every now and then cos of traffic, with cruise control on, by the time I get into work reading 61mpg.

Recently I've been driving like a granny cos I think I've got OCD and want the average mpg to read 55.4mpg, which I've hit so now I drive at whatever speed the cruise control allows, but not more than 70 and get >57+. I've noticed it varys wildly depending on the temperature and weather, heavy rain and it drops quite a bit, very cold and it drops but not as much as heavy rain.

Just drove from London to Eastbourne in the A250 fully loaded with 2 adults, 3 children and a full boot. Got 29.7mpg. Not too bad for a 2.0l turbo I guess.

That was some spirited driving :thumb:

Glasgow to Manchester in the 350 cdi. 2 adults 3 kids full of luggage , full of V Power, 47 mpg at an average speed of 65 mph.

Great all rounder , so much quieter and refined than the 63 and not a slouch at all.

a265e15eab8ab6bf2e14375c407b9508.jpg

Some real world mpg for a change [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a 64 plate C220 CDI "AMG Sport Edition" with the 7G+ box and got around 40mpg. Mostly on the M1. I was never overly impressed with the fuel economy to be honest.

2005 C220 CDI sport
After having my ECU remapped, riding solo in the car sitting between 60-65mph.... my trip computer has shown upwards of 64mpg.... :)
Though I always intend to carry out an accurate manual track, which I will soon..

2013 E250 CDI coupe
Usually around 45 mpg with mixed driving. I once got 78.5 when driving from the midlands to Glasgow which was unexpected and probably not true

E350 CDI here (had for just over a month or so)....I've had 45mpg out of it on a decent run (50 miles) with Distronic on, but typically it returns 39-41mpg ish if I'm driving as normally do. Short runs to my nearby office (7 miles) get about 32mpg.

Will be on a 110 mile run soon, so will see what that gets :)

20-30 mpg motorway driving CLK320 M112

E350 CDI here (had for just over a month or so)....I've had 45mpg out of it on a decent run (50 miles) with Distronic on, but typically it returns 39-41mpg ish if I'm driving as normally do. Short runs to my nearby office (7 miles) get about 32mpg.

Will be on a 110 mile run soon, so will see what that gets :)

Exactly what I used to get from mine.

I have a c350 cdi estate; thought fuel economy was a little low seem to get 39-40 on the trip probably about 500 miles out of the tank. This is mostly motorway driving; compared to my VW and BMW diesels it's much lower than I expected. I know the book fuel figures need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Cars just had a 40k service and is still returning the same. Just enjoyed a 7 hour journey to Scotland in the car and can say it's a dream to drive and worth every penny of the 40mpg

Seeing as I have the suspected OM642 oil cooler leak (diagnosis due on Tuesday) I've been driving like Miss Daisy all week, and getting 44.5 - 45 MPG.

Currently done 542 on the one tank and says I have about 80 left. I normally get 580 so would be nice to break 600 :)

My first tank....mainly dual carriageway to work but some town pottering and experimenting with drive modes and I just averaged 20mpg. Going to work, taking it steady on the bypass, 12.5 miles I can get 30+mpg :eek: Not bad for 3.5l :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom