What Mr Clarkson has to say about dealers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrNick

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL500
Whilst reading a review about a Vauxhall Tigra (don't ask!), I came across this:
It never happens, though. Every day my mailbag is stuffed to overflowing with letters from desperate people who can’t even get their dealers to be civil, leave alone helpful. I know one chap who became so disillusioned with his Mercedes garage he parked his car right across the entrance to the forecourt and refused to move it until they found the spare part that hadn’t turned up for nine weeks.

Mind you, this is Mercedes and they’re off the bottom of the scale when it comes to customer satisfaction. The prisoners in Camp X-Ray are treated with more compassion. Pol Pot wasn’t a Mercedes dealer, but he certainly had all the right credentials......

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1386441_1,00.html

But he actually quite liked the Tigra!

Nick

Hah, this isn't a patch on what he says in the review of the new E class:

JeremyClarkson said:
Then there’s the business of Mercedes service, which is run by people who don’t just don’t care. They are way beyond not caring. They hate you. They detest you on a cellular level. They don’t want to fix your car so much as smash you in the face with a tyre iron.

When they ring to say your car has been serviced and is ready for collection, what they mean is: “Your car is not ready, but we want you to have a wasted journey into town on the bus, you fat, capitalistic scumpig”.

I’m currently without my SL because of a puncture. The Mercedes helpline girl (Rosa Klebb) said she couldn’t possibly get a new tyre on a Sunday and especially not for an SL (doubtless thinking “because you’re even richer than the normal bastards I have to deal with, you f------ f---!”).

Eventually a dealer did send someone out with a spare wheel, but to punish me for spending so much he dropped the car off the jack. Really, it is impossible for a dealer network to be this bad by accident. I honestly believe the whole thing has been taken over by members of Class War.

hahahahahahahaha @ “because you’re even richer than the normal b**tards I have to deal with, you f------ f---!”

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom