What News Paper do the Daily Mail jokers read?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
Hoping I don't have to pull my own thread (so keep the responses non political) what paper do those folks read that like to make the Daily Mail jokes?

I for one do not understand the question, does this mean I shouldnt read the daily mail?:D

Maybe a poll to find out what the most popular papers amongst forum members are?

Telegraph
Times
Guardian
FT
Independent
Mail
Express
Sun
Mirror
Star
People
Sport

I don't care what paper people read, only those that like to dig at the Daily Mail, which seems to be the paper to knock at the moment. It seems a very popular joke that I don't get.

I figure if the Daily Mail is popular to knock, the paper the Daily Mail knockers read must the paper of the moment to read!

So not a new thing at all. The Mail has long been the butt of jokes it seems.

And those who read it as well and believe every little gem that trips off the front page

It has long been the butt of jokes from those with leftist tendencies because it is very right wing. It is supposedly popular in 'middle England'. The Sun, though I must confess to flicking through it on occasion only, seems to be fairly right wing as well.

Me? I drive a Mercedes so it has to be The Times. I only read it for the pictures of course....................:D

Maybe a poll to find out what the most popular papers amongst forum members are?

Telegraph
Times
Guardian
FT
Independent
Mail
Express
Sun
Mirror
Star
People
Sport

No Racing Post?

I am similarly puzzled by some forum members' stance on the Daily Mail.

Anyone would think that the newspaper makes up its stories in a similar manner to the Sunday Sport or the Sun (publications that should, by law, be placed on the same shelves as other adult comics like Viz).

There is no doubt that the Mail is brimming with stories showing the madness that is Britain today. And sure, if you read the Guardian, you get a different slant on the world - or, more relevantly, Britain. But all the cruddy things that Daily Mail reports still go on even when the Guardian omits them from its pages.

Perhaps the snipers would give it a rest if the Daily Mail started filling its pages with reports written in glowing terms about how Britain's image is being boosted globally thanks to our new Middle East envoy (or whatever cushy number he has landed).

Philip (Telegraph)

I read the Independent because doing so says absolutely nothing about me, my politics nor my beliefs. :)

But I must admit to having bought the Daily Mail quite regularly to take advantage of some of the excellent offers. :(

Sorry, Guys, there isn't a newspaper on sale that doesn't say something about the reader - and the Independent definitely says a lot;)

I think the Financial Times is as close to an apolitical paper as is possible to get in Britain - but even that says a lot about the reader. I don't read it but I do love it's wonderfully dry headlines on non-financial matters (Sun says "Phew, what a scorcher", FT says "Unseasonable median daytime temperature exceeds previously recorded values")

Pravda

PRAVDA?? the russian version obviously. :rolleyes: http://www.pravda.ru/
Personally I found the profile of First Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Borisovich Ivanov riveting stuff. Don't laugh--- he's the guy who is soon going to put your gas bill thro the roof.:eek:

Last edited:
The reason that some don't like the Daily Mail is that it is usually beyond they're comprehension...... :)

The reason that some don't like the Daily Mail is that it is usually beyond they're comprehension...... :)

Fortunately it's not beyond my reach when in the small room and the last sheet has gone from the roll..

Sorry, Guys, there isn't a newspaper on sale that doesn't say something about the reader - and the Independent definitely says a lot;)

Well, that statement certainly says an *awful lot* about the person making it! :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom