What next after C63 W204?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M3NickC63

Car
C63 W204 Saloon
I am fully enjoying the C63 W204, at first I didn't get on so well with the driving ability due to the gear box etc being so dimwitted. Coming from an M car, last one being an E92 M3 Comp. I think it didnt help due to DCT box being so good, and overall being a much more of a driver focused car with much more precision.

But the noise, and power always made up for its weaknesses. I have learned a lot about this car now, and feel comfortable with it. The MSL stage 1 improved it a lot, and driving with DSC off gives you an even better sense of occasion. Not that it really needs it, but the traction stabiltity can be annoying at times. I think MDM mode felt better, but ESP seems to work in a similar way, and traction is still activated as far as I am aware. Plus you get that beautiful wheel spin, and roar from the exhaust.

I do love this car now, sure the MPG is one of the worst, but I am thinking unless you spend stupid money, what car can match it for its overall greatness?

I am talking angry noise ASBO cars by the way, aggressive ones like this. Its bordering American muscle car territory, not as powerful obviously.

I am thinking, if I were to move on to another car, what would I get? The new AMG's are great, and still sound good, but the noise of the new C63 is not as raw as the W204 in my opinion, I am sure some will disagree. The E63 is a great, but looks like an Uber. Im sure the correct paint etc could make it look more mean.

The Jag Type R is probably the best option, sub 50k. Even sub 70k, what will give you that same noise and drama? The Maserati GT is another option as well I guess, both loud angry aggressive cars.

E63s

With some Halfords decals

And a straight cut megaphone exhaust...

With some Halfords decals

And a straight cut megaphone exhaust...
Funny, you really must be having a miserable time at home..

The types you talk about or are suggesting, cannot afford a W204, let alone run one. So go to your sad meet ups with that rubbish, enjoy your week.

Funny, you really must be having a miserable time at home..

The types you talk about or are suggesting, cannot afford a W204, let alone run one. So go to your sad meet ups with that rubbish, enjoy your week.

Is this what you do in your Halfords car park meets?

I believe in America there's a decent TCU tune that's been developed , early days .

I am fully enjoying the C63 W204, at first I didn't get on so well with the driving ability due to the gear box etc being so dimwitted. Coming from an M car, last one being an E92 M3 Comp. I think it didnt help due to DCT box being so good, and overall being a much more of a driver focused car with much more precision.

But the noise, and power always made up for its weaknesses. I have learned a lot about this car now, and feel comfortable with it. The MSL stage 1 improved it a lot, and driving with DSC off gives you an even better sense of occasion. Not that it really needs it, but the traction stabiltity can be annoying at times. I think MDM mode felt better, but ESP seems to work in a similar way, and traction is still activated as far as I am aware. Plus you get that beautiful wheel spin, and roar from the exhaust.

I do love this car now, sure the MPG is one of the worst, but I am thinking unless you spend stupid money, what car can match it for its overall greatness?

I am talking angry noise ASBO cars by the way, aggressive ones like this. Its bordering American muscle car territory, not as powerful obviously.

I am thinking, if I were to move on to another car, what would I get? The new AMG's are great, and still sound good, but the noise of the new C63 is not as raw as the W204 in my opinion, I am sure some will disagree. The E63 is a great, but looks like an Uber. Im sure the correct paint etc could make it look more mean.

The Jag Type R is probably the best option, sub 50k. Even sub 70k, what will give you that same noise and drama? The Maserati GT is another option as well I guess, both loud angry aggressive cars.
E63 - W213 a total animal but a bit uncomfortable for me hence I’m going look at the E53 which you should look at too actually.

I’m afraid it does Rog. I was asked twice sitting waiting for the wife in mine in Glasgow city centre one night if I was an Uber 😂😂😂

.... an Uber VIP, surely?

Reactions: HB
Talk of the 'Halfords' E63 , there is one around our way, white in colour (W212, probably an early one) and it looks and sounds like $hit, when he drives past everyone looks at the Tosser for all the wrong reasons. It's a shed, It sounds like he has pretty much removed the exhaust and he has painted various parts of it matte black, grille, badges and bit's and bobs on the car that just do not 'fit' .

If it were an Uber , I wouldn't' get in the thing , I understand each to their own , but this guy started with a decent enough car and just went backwards.

The E63 will out perform and out class the C63 in every way.

Get a good long test drive in a well-equipped W205 C63 with the switchable exhaust and see how you feel about it afterwards.
I traded my W204 C63 for the new one, and they're worlds apart in tech and driving.

I think I am going to replace mine with a S63 Coupe.
An exceptional choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom