What next?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chattonmill

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E55 AMG
Having had a year and a half of fabulous motoring I am thinking of replacing the E55.
Herein lies the problem. What next?
I am going to be doing more mileage, not a lot, but still would like slightly better fuel economy, I am not that keen on anything too mainstream so anything quirky goes.
The problem is that every time I get in the E and plant the foot I remember why I got it!
The only thing that floats my boat at the moment is a Range Rover 3.6TD (Yes the economy is markedly better!) any suggestions?

Budget.....very flexible!

Have you tried an E 320 cdi with a Brabus D6?

What about a remapped 535d........... runs for cover...:eek::eek:

Not sure if you can get a 535d touring? but I know remapped its a very rapid car in saloon form?

What do you see as an average mpg in the 55 ?, doubt the RR will be much better (is that the TD v8 engine or V6) they claim nearly 30mpg but I very much doubt it. I see you have a TDv6 what does that do mpg wise?

Problem is with what you have its SO good, changing it will probably feel like a let down... and 'saving' money by changing cars...it generally costs money to swap so actually how much saving will you make.

Audi? maybe 3.0 quattro? or I actually quite like the all road version?

Difficult move I bet :)

Shouldn't that be 335d:p
Not really convinced by anything that BMW or Audi have out at the moment all a bit bland for me.

Average on the 55, difficult to say, over the last 10000 miles it is about 18mpg, although I have recently been showing better, more like 20!
So 30 would be good and within what I am after.
I am looking at the TDV8.
I had a 4.4 RR before the Mercs and loved it and after all it may just slow me down a bit!

Probably the rangie for something a bit different - as you say E to E isn't a worthy move. You'll be okay up there, but down here i am finding more and more that RR's are being driven by complete tw*ts or arrogant yummies who have no concept of how big their car is. I'm almost tempted to look inside one to see whether on the dashboard it is written "Relax - you actually do own the road"

Dependant on budget, I would say the ML 420 Sport.

From what you say that you require, It ticks almost all the boxes;)

If you want economy and 4WD - Skoda Yeti.

But of a difference from the E55 though....

How about a Cayman...

I reckon on a good day you will see 10mpg more with the RR than the 55.

If you don't like BM's or Audi's and don't want another E then your pretty much talking yourself into the RR that you already 'like'

ML420 is a good call, but I guess you will think why have that if you can have a RR for the same or less....

So looks like the RR is is then :)

I will have to test the ML and the RR back to back and compare, good call though:thumb: (It will also stop me looking like a Land Rover Fanboi:crazy:)
Cayman has been wafted over, but with only 2 seats it leaves me 2 seats short:doh:
Toerag, nice, but just don't quite get them for some reason.

Why not rent a Vectra Diesel for a week or so.

You'll soon be back in the E55 and so pleased to be there that you'll keep it another 18 months!

With the money you have saved, go and lie on a nice beach somewhere........

Simples!

Can't believe no one said E60 M5 Estate yet?

car_photo_211841_7.jpg

That would be the perfect and best replacement for your W211.

And if you don't mind Audi, then you should also consider the RS6 estate.

Porsche Cayenne Turbo or my current favourite SUV, Infiniti FX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom