What, no spare wheel! Mercedes S Class 2016 AMG Line

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joecash

Car
S320 CDI
Good evening every one,
I have just bought the subject car - but no spare wheel! only an inflator kit.
the front wheels are 5 spoke 245/45 R19 and the rears are 5 spoke 275/40 R19
My question is what size wheel and tyre should I buy as a "get me to the garage spare" or should i buy a "spacesaver"?
many thanks for reading.
kind regards

The inflator kit should have a can of foam......

Have you got run flat tyres on the 19s should get you to the garage in the event of a puncture? and the TPMS should alert you to the significant loss of pressure.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think that this is the same model, any help?

Good evening every one,
I have just bought the subject car - but no spare wheel! only an inflator kit.
the front wheels are 5 spoke 245/45 R19 and the rears are 5 spoke 275/40 R19
My question is what size wheel and tyre should I buy as a "get me to the garage spare" or should i buy a "spacesaver"?
many thanks for reading.
kind regards
How do you find your new S class buddy , I’m continually looking at them on Auto Trader . Might well be my next car :) . Even without a spare wheel

I have a collapsible spare , I took it out once and inflated it to see if it was OK , put it back and hope I never need it . It still surprises me how you can sometimes see folk driving around for day's even weeks with a space saver on their cars. :eek:

The kit should have a can of foam, I have only used this foam once but found it effective, it got me back home safely!

How do you find your new S class buddy , I’m continually looking at them on Auto Trader . Might well be my next car :) . Even without a spare wheel
Some lovely ones out there at pretty good prices too.

Get yourself a spacesaver. Don't use the foam as no tyre shop will clean it out. New tyre required. Otherwise you can get something like this. Firstly try the inflator alone which may get you to your destination or tyre shop. Runflats also need a new tyre if driven on.

I have a spare I cannot use on the rear wheels. Actually the spare is so small, it's only suitable for 50mph journeys on the front wheels only. I think the run flat kit is way better.

Blimey, my car came without space saver or pump n gunge!
Just replaced the rear tyres and found that they're not run flats either. Reckon I'd better get myself a repair kit.

Get yourself a spacesaver. Don't use the foam as no tyre shop will clean it out. New tyre required. Otherwise you can get something like this. Firstly try the inflator alone which may get you to your destination or tyre shop. Runflats also need a new tyre if driven on.
I keep one of those kits in each car as a back up on backups

Probably better off with this, a tad expensive, but, could save you a lot of aggro, if you do get a puncture, those tyre repair kits are crap!
20211224_090943.jpg

I've had a W222 S350D for nearly 5 years and it has no spare either. Luckily (touch wood 🎄🌴🌲🌳) it has never had a puncture, so the repair kit is pristine. Nevertheless when I saw a can of tyre foam in Aldi I bought it as a backup, so there is two now, to help the car limp to a garage, though I'd try Mobilo first over the car's direct technical support line.

I've had a W222 S350D for nearly 5 years and it has no spare either. Luckily (touch wood 🎄🌴🌲🌳) it has never had a puncture, so the repair kit is pristine. Nevertheless when I saw a can of tyre foam in Aldi I bought it as a backup, so there is two now, to help the car limp to a garage, though I'd try Mobilo first over the car's direct technical support line.
What's mobilo?
Also I've had mine 18 months, love it, curious to know how your cars been..

What's mobilo?
Also I've had mine 18 months, love it, curious to know how your cars been..
Mobilo is Mercedes own breakdown service, which is free to Mercedes owners whenever their car satisfies service levels. If you get your car always serviced by a main dealer, Mobilo membership is automatic. Serviced away from a main dealer may need to persuade Mercedes - I'm now going to be in this situation as I've got fed up with the main dealer behaviour: namely awful customer service and trying to get me to pay for stuff that is actually included with my car purchase (like map updates).

If you want a chat on the W222 give us a bell on my mobile (pm me for the number).

Also there is plenty of info and discussion on this forum about it Tom, just do a few searches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom