What not to do on a frosty winter's morning! *LRG IMG*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abbos

Car
W202 + W115
Got awoken very early this morning by a friend in a spot of bother. Seems that the car might be a "dustbin case" although I was happy I still managed to deliver my car to the Indie on time for the MOT, etc this morning.

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

Thank god he's all ok and we went and had a nice hot coffee at McDonald's (only place open!). :)

Last edited:
Yep! This corner has had many victims, i've seen them before!

abbos said:
we went and had a nice hot coffee at McDonald's (only place open!). :)

you should have popped round and got Maff up - I'm sure he would have been pleased to see you at that time of the morning :)

Those Micras can be a handful!

The trouble with low powered cars is you only find out it's slippery under braking or cornering. In my car, if in doubt I give a good dose of gas pedal and see if I should have any concern or not, that way I know well in advance of having to brake or corner.

I'll remember that Andy when I'm next down visiting my uncle in Bexhill. Nice hot coffee rounds yours! :D

He's less than 5 mins from the police station, towards Hastings Direct!

Yup small light cars with skinny tyres don't have much grip. I had a P reg. Micra for 5 years and actually found it quite fun in the wet, eventually sold it to a friend at work for his teenage son ... who promptly slid it into a ditch and wrote it off!

GrahamC230K said:
if in doubt I give a good dose of gas pedal and see if I should have any concern or not, that way I know well in advance of having to brake or corner.
I do the opposite and try an emergency stop when on a straight bit with no-one behind me, just stab at the brake pedal a bit :)

Had someone at work do that a while ago. He got fed up being behind me so went roaring past (as only a Micra can do) and on the second bend, lost it and finished upside down in a ditch. He was lucky we stopped as it went behind a hedge and couldnt be seen from the road. Did you know an inverted Micra sounds like a diesel, until it stalls at least. Glad they are OK.

Had to drop my friend back and the crash site as Green Flag came to collect the car. A final picture of the mashed micra on the back of the truck and a nice picture of the road ahead and some signs on the road of where he lost control and finished in the ditch.

temp7st.jpg

Pietre said:
went roaring past (as only a Micra can do) and on the second bend, lost it and finished upside down in a ditch.

Yup my ex-Micra ended up inverted too. My friend's son walked away without a scratch though, as did his daughter when she wrote off her Micra! He bought a third Micra for them both to share ... so far so good with this one!

Hmm. Not sure about you lot.... :)

I have had two of those Micras - 1 x 2 door 1.3 and 1 x 4 door 1.3. To this day one of the best handling cars I have ever driven. It was capable of things that most cars cannot even begin to imagine with a set of 15 x 6.5 installed with some low profile rubber. There's even a bloke in Australia running a Micra subculture: www.micra.com.au .

Raced it at Autokrosse, drag raced it and hillclimbed it without incident.

I lived with one of the Tatnell family (very famous Australian racing family) and he took the 4 door for a spin once, and developed an interest in front wheel drive cars!

scotth_uk said:

I lived with one of the Tatnell family (very famous Australian racing family) and he took the 4 door for a spin once, and developed an interest in front wheel drive cars!

Perhaps you Guys ar more used to being upside down than us Brits..;)

scotth_uk said:

Oi, I drove my Micras for years without any incidents ... great little cars. Got a Honda Jazz now, which is a hoot too.

MangoMan said:
Looks like a bit of Honda grill there in the bushes???????

Yip, thats a badge from a Type R.

Got to thank you for that link Koolvin. I don't take drugs, but thanks to that Nissan ad I can at least understand what its like to be on an hallucinatory acid trip! :D

Nissan Taiwan releases new k11 Super March!
Taiwan have just released a revised version of the ever-lasting k11 march. This was done as a move to best suit the market which wasn't receiving the totally new k12 model like other parts of asia and Europe.

This new model marketed as the "Super March" on Nissan's web site features some revised parts and improvements over the original k11 models, although this is mostly all in the aesthetics.

The new k11 features a digital instrument cluster, LED rear light clusters, indicators built-in to the side mirrors and a refreshed front end with modern crystal headlights.

This is excellent news for k11 enthusiasts as many of the parts will almost certainly fit onto existing k11 micras - giving fans access to some fresh modern parts commonly found on many brand new vehicles thesedays.

The taiwanese Super March features the original CG13DE Micra/March engine which goes to show just how good the engine is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom