What parts of my CLK (W209) cant i do with my DAS6 pro?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ndaa75

Car
Merc CLK 200
Wondering what parts of my CLK200 can i not machine polish?

Thanks
Neil

The seats ?

I polished all the external painted parts of my W209 with my DAS pro and had no problems. Clearly there are some odd nooks and crannies even a small pad wont go into but thats what fingers are for !

I polished all the external painted parts of my W209 with my DAS pro and had no problems. Clearly there are some odd nooks and crannies even a small pad wont go into but thats what fingers are for !

Thanks buddy - what a out your wing mirrors?

The mirrors are no problem just dont dwell too long on the thin edges

Your best bet is to look at The Junkmans videos on all this. They are pretty long but absolutely invaluable for noobies and will answer all your questions. The Detailing World website is also a goldmine of info, just avoid getting sucked into which product is better than which.
Wash, dry, polish, wax is the basic way to go with a bit of detarring and de-ironing along the way.
Use 2 bucket washing if you wish, and snowfoaming is fun and you can even get really nerdy and get busy with cotton buds up your vents !
Detailing ranges from where I suspect you and I are in enjoying a clean shiny car all the way to those who spend thousands on wax made from Polynesian virgins ear wax !
Just have fun buffing.

Oops I forgot the claying stage !
Wash, clay, wash, dry, polish, wax :thumb:

Oops I forgot the claying stage !
Wash, clay, wash, dry, polish, wax :thumb:

Got it! Cheers Rich.
Actually I have another question for you!
Windscreen wipers - not the blades - any ideas how i can clean these up?

I am struggling to picture mine ( I am poorly in bed !)
Are they satin black ? I havent had to do anything to mine but I guess your choices are to hand polish then wax or if that doesnt work try one of the "back to black" type products from Halfords. Failing that pop them off the car and spray with an aerosol ?
The third option will give the best finish and last far longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom