What presents did you get...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
I did not get anything BUT am treating myself to a 52 plate W215 CL500 in January as my second car for a little while...:) :bannana:

So what did you guys all get that was car related...? :)

PS. My second present that I will be buying myself is a set of face lift rear lenses for the CL.

i thought the car was a scret until you got it!

Car Related - Nothing, but got clothes from family and im treating myself to a nice watch in the sales... Thought it was going to be a breitling but have decided they are way to chunky..

Black and Decker Circular Saw :bannana:
Trinity House lighthouse calender :bannana:
Deadliest Catch Season 2 DVD :bannana:
Fred Dibnah DVD :bannana:
Global 14cm Knife :bannana:
£100 cash :bannana:
Couple of good books ..... :bannana:

So far ....

Parents coming over in an hour with more pressies !

Hi

Jeremy Clarkson Book
Fred Dibnah Book
Day out rallying
Rubber mats for the 210!! LOL
Selection Box
& few other things.

Happy Christmas

Made out like a bandit so far..... (more to come from the Fruit Of My Loins)
  • Sweeties (blackcurrant & liquorice, chocolate limes)
  • CD's - Cat Stevens new album, Razorlight
  • Floating clock :)crazy: )
  • Apron saying "Dad's Cooking!"
  • Scarf
  • Cool toolkit in a roll
  • Books - Is It Just Me Or Is Everything Sh*t?, Mrs. Beeton, The Book Of General Ignorance, 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die, Letters To Father Christmas (JRR Tolkien) and 2007 Limerick Calender
  • Radio/CD player wot hangs underneath a kitchen cupboard
  • Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker (sense a theme here? :rolleyes: )
  • Sat system with 80cm dish for France (told ya I needed Radio 4!!)
  • And of course, a tangerine and a new coin!
But my biggest present of all is the one I am privileged to have every single day - the love of my family and friends :)

Steve

P.S. Some toerag has had it away with my "Santa! Stop Here!" sign. How is he going to know next year? Oh woe, thrice woe!

P.P.S. The Godfather of Soul has died - but the energy of James Brown lives on. Met him and his band once in St. Thomas on the Virgin Islands. I was in the navy and we challenged them to a drinking contest. We won....:D

jaymanek said:

It was supposed to be a secret until I officially had the car in my custody but we have shaken hands on the deal and when he is back from holiday in mid Januray the deal will be done. However, because I'm a little bit over excited about it I could not keep it to myself...:eek: Well, this has certianly made my Xmas anyway. :)

Last edited:
Mmm, I find it so difficult to remember.

Soft-grip screw drivers, fire extinguisher and shed load of chocolate, anfd a few other odd's and ends from my parents (still think I'm eight!!)

Digital camera & printer, and canvas photo from our wedding (5 years ago!!), various Fat Face garments, Paul Weller Singles Collection CD, a sack full of other stuff from Mrs & Junior D.

Various car books inlcuding Enduring Passion: The Story of the Mercedes-Benz Brand, jumpers, and genuine AMG keyring from the outlaws.

Not done too bad. I wish I'd picked the camera though - I'm such a fussy s@d!!

PS Happy Christmas one an all!!

All sorts, mainly clothes, some cash and a Draper Expert socket set...:bannana:

Also treated myself to a new digital camera and if all goes well will be getting a CLK 430 around March time but that does mean selling all my current cars, it should be worth it..:rock:

Bobby Dazzler said:
Mmm, I find it so difficult to remember.

Soft-grip screw drivers, fire extinguisher and shed load of chocolate, anfd a few other odd's and ends from my parents (still think I'm eight!!)

Digital camera & printer, and canvas photo from our wedding (5 years ago!!), various Fat Face garments, Paul Weller Singles Collection CD, a sack full of other stuff from Mrs & Junior D.

Various car books inlcuding Enduring Passion: The Story of the Mercedes-Benz Brand, jumpers, and genuine AMG keyring from the outlaws.

Not done too bad. I wish I'd picked the camera though - I'm such a fussy s@d!!

PS Happy Christmas one an all!!

We all so got a black and white canvas photo from our wedding last year..:rock:

jaymanek said:

Car Related - Nothing, but got clothes from family and im treating myself to a nice watch in the sales... Thought it was going to be a breitling but have decided they are way to chunky..

Which one did you have in mind? They certainly don't make small, svelte watches, but some are worse than others. The Aeromarine range are particularly solid (my Chrono Avenger is huge), but there are some that are fairly reasonable in comparison.

Nothing car related yet, although we may be looking for a replacement for the SL (and MX-5)

chrimbo pressys

bose lifestyle system .........:bannana:

doing the doors ....robin barratt

polo, hugo boss ,ted baker aftershave

cash

and from son number 1 + girlfriend side of norweigian salmon.fresh from norway where he lives.. + ...and i know iam gonna get it from some tree huggers..... whale meat, a small peice cos iv'e nerver tasted it before

wife and son number 2 got the sicky bug .......how life deals its cards

Last edited:
Nothing much this year, just managable stuff like scoff, Sports Cars calendar (anyone know the Blastolene???), Ships Monthly calendar :), a jumper + socks with breasts on :q.

Back from mum+dad's this afternoon. Xmas isn't as magical as when you're little + I miss that. This is the time of the year when you can do really deep into magical things...

Fixed dad's 20+ years Marantz record player which was buzzing - what looks like an earth cable had come away from the rear of the amp. Thus able to play the-cutting-edge-of-1974 Isao Tomita Debussy "Snowflakes Are Dancing" + copied it to minidisc - crackling and all :bannana: !

wallingd said:
Thus able to play the-cutting-edge-of-1974 Isao Tomita Debussy "Snowflakes Are Dancing" + copied it to minidisc - crackling and all :bannana: !

A man of taste! Superb album!!! He also did The Planet Suite - most interesting (Gustav Holst's grandaughter objected on first release but I think she changed her mind - either that or they gave her a bunch of money!)

A Trijicon 4x32 site for my FN
10 brand new plastic 30 rnd AK magazines
'Hi-speed gucci' Go Bag for all my kit for the car.

Last edited:
Flasheart said:
A Trijicon 4x42 site for my FN

I did not understand what the first two items are - is it just me? The kids do point out frequently that I am out of touch! :D

Sent to you from The Home For The Bewildered

I live alone with my SL500 so I bought some SL600 wheels for her, in return she will takes me for some nice trips over the next few days.

Malcolm

Last edited:
Gollom said:
I did not understand what the first two items are - is it just me? The kids do point out frequently that I am out of touch! :D

Sent to you from The Home For The Bewildered

That'll be gun bits then....74 or 47 mags?

Flasheart said:
A Trijicon 4x32 site for my FN

First one is a telescopic site for a Belgium FN-FAL folding stock 7.62 assault rifle. Those of a military bent from the 70's/80's will remember the trusty SLR - this is the full auto version.

Magazines are for a short barrelled AK47 - rather like the AK74SU but uses 7.62 short - not to be confused with the 7.62 long that the FN uses.

Go Bag contains things like trauma dressings, blood clotting agents, magazines, maps, compass, smoke grenades

Flasheart said:
First one is a telescopic site for a Belgium FN-FAL folding stock 7.62 assault rifle. Those of a military bent from the 70's/80's will remember the trusty SLR - this is the full auto version.

Magazines are for a short barrelled AK47 - rather like the AK74SU but uses 7.62 short - not to be confused with the 7.62 long that the FN uses.

Go Bag contains things like trauma dressings, blood clotting agents, magazines, maps, compass, smoke grenades
Truly in keeping with the CHRISTMAS spirit, or am I missing something?

John

note to self - never piss off flasheart :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom