What preserver to use on Teak Furniture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Just bought some new outdoor furniture in a hope that we get a good summer :)

Reading the blurb that came with it, it recommends a teak preserver for the wood.

What do people recommend, I don't want a stain type that changes the colour.

thanks

Teak Oil?

Always seems to work well.

A few coats in the first year, and then a good coat each year should keep it looking good and lasting for years :)

Teak does tend to change colour slightly in the sunlight/elements etc, even with good stains/preservatives/oils etc it'll gradually get a slight silver-dark tinge to it, adds character :)

Will

Teak Oil?

Always seems to work well.

A few coats in the first year, and then a good coat each year should keep it looking good and lasting for years :)

Teak does tend to change colour slightly in the sunlight/elements etc, even with good stains/preservatives/oils etc it'll gradually get a slight silver-dark tinge to it, adds character :)

Will

Thats what we use, works well.

We use Cuprinol Teak oil, great stuff. Our furniture is out all year round and this product does a good job at maintaining the teak colour

We use Cuprinol Teak oil, great stuff. Our furniture is out all year round and this product does a good job at maintaining the teak colour
My brother restores furniture and is sat in the same room as me at this very moment. He recommends Teak as you do, But seal it with a Good Quality bees wax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom