What pressure washer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l19ong

Hoping someone can shed some light on what is the best pressure washer to buy for around £150 I've had a look at nilfisk but I haven't had any experience of them before, the obvious choice seems like karcher but would like some advice if possible.

I will only be using around the house, cars, bikes, driveway etc...

Thanks

For domestic use, I use a Karcher K5. The reason I went with them was simply the availability of parts, accessories and spares seems much better than the 'pro' machine makers that have branched into the market such as Nilfisk.

I would select a model that can pump water from a water butt so it can be used during hosepipe bans.

Nilfisk come with metal pumps and impellers, most of the karcher range unless you pay over 250 have plastic so can be prone to cracking....

Look at the nilfisk centinal homebase have them on offer normally for about 90 quid... The only problem I have with nilfisk is the hose.... It's the most tangly piece of crap ever lol but many places sell better hoses that are longer too.

+1 for Nilfisk unless you want to start spending silly money and getting a semi pro piece of kit.

Nilfisk all the way. I have a P150.2. Great machine and not far off serious pro kit. For the money it's fantastic. Comes with the (Deadly) turbo lance - Be careful!

With Nilfisk machines the lower end uses the plasticy type hoses (they have to, the are competing with a lot of low grade rubbish) but on the more expensive machines the hoses are braided and very good quality.

No matter what you buy, always drain the machine properly after use - I fire the gun with the motor running, then fire the gun when the motor is switch off and then my paranoia kicks in and I fire the gun after disconnecting the water hose.

My machine is around 3 years old now. I did have a replacement hose but that may well have been my fault. I didn't connect the coupling properly when I bought the machine and couldn't get it back out. Eventually air got into the supply which caused the machine to pulse. Sent me a new 15m hose without quibbling. I wanted a 10m so they sent one of those and said keep the 15m.

From the above experience, I know that the hose-to-trigger connection has to be absolutely spot on, otherwise the pulsing becomes a problem, so genuine Nilfisk is the way to go IMHO. I tried a replacement hose from a good local pressure washer supplier/repairer and the fittings looked identical, but the air somehow came through the coupling.

After years of buying marcher and replacing them pretty much yearly I decided to get a decent one. Bought a kranzle cold water pressure washer. Loads of spares available ultra reliable as they are a professional mating. Had mine for a couple of years and never had an issue with it. They need oiling ever 100 hours use apart from that plug in and it just works.

This is the one I have: 10 - 122 - Kranzle UK

Guys thanks a lot for the help, from reading the above I will go have a look at the nilfisk tomorrow. Thanks a lot for the advice it's really appreciated.

Got a Nilfisk C110 and it's pretty good. Would definately recommend one :)

I've had 2 karcher a over the years the first 1 chucked it without warning, the second gives really poor pressure and the hose has broke and so has the trigger so was thinking of trying another brand.

Save your money and buy a Kranzle pressure washer, yes they are expensive, but it will out last you if looked after correctly.
I have had mine now since 2007 and its been fantastic. Just go for the 10-122- 240 volt model.
The beauty of the Kranzle is that if the worst happens, it can run without water flow for around 1-2 mins without causing damage as the pump is brass and has ceramic seals etc, try doing that with a Karcher or Nilfisk?
Another plus point is that it will pull from a large bucket, ideal if you want to use hot water.

I recently bought a K4 premium which for £200 from JL with a 5 year warranty was a bargain as it is now £350 but includes the car kit (wow) which I already had

Any basic Karcher model, with plastic pump head, will not stand the test of time. They are only rated at about 10mins continuous use which is not much cop as most people run them for longer than that. The most basic brass pump head model is about £300 and is well above what most people can and will pay. However, it will run for 24/7 if required and will outlast most things.

Karchers used to be good, but the newer ones are made very cheaply and simply do not last. I got a Nilfisk E120 for £119 and it looks much better quality than any Karcher I've owned. Look for a Nilfisk E120 or 130, you will not be disappointed.

Russ

Nilfisk Titan 120 from Argos for £100
Decent enough except the damn hose reel is a t**t at times.

Purchased a Bosch AQT 37-13 Electric Pressure Washer 130 Bar 1700w 240v for £149.99 last week and is a pretty good piece of kit......for now.

Like anything, you pay for what you get

Enjoy :thumb:

ChrisA said:
Decent enough except the damn hose reel is a t**t at times. Purchased a Bosch AQT 37-13 Electric Pressure Washer 130 Bar 1700w 240v for £149.99 last week and is a pretty good piece of kit......for now. Like anything, you pay for what you get Enjoy :thumb:

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom