What pressure washer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nilfisk for me. Far better then the Karcher ones ive owned.!

We've got a nilfisk one , got it from machine mart in an offer. Used pretty much all the time for cleaning pontoons , walkways and gangways at work.

Shifts everything , really pleased although if you ever seperate the lance make sure it is clipped back on properly or it will shoot off like a harpoon into the river ( as ours did )

We have a 4000psi petrol one as well ( KEW ) but it's so much aggro to cart around that we use the nilfisk one pretty much all the time , we only really use the big KEW for the rotary deck washer

Last edited:
We've got a nilfisk one , got it from machine mart in an offer. Used pretty much all the time for cleaning pontoons , walkways and gangways at work.

Shifts everything , really pleased although if you ever seperate the lance make sure it is clipped back on properly or it will shoot off like a harpoon into the river ( as ours did )

We have a 4000psi petrol one as well ( KEW ) but it's so much aggro to cart around that we use the nilfisk one pretty much all the time , we only really use the big KEW for the rotary deck washer

The KEW machine, is it really old? KEW KEW/ALTO were around years ago and IIRC they were bought out by Nilfisk.
We had a KEW Hobby model 30 years ago and it was a great little machine.

I've done the lance misconnect thing. LOL! :D It's just as much fun using a "Guzzunder" as pictured below.
When it's in the position in the image below (underbody and particularly wheel arches) the force is reversed, so that when you pull the trigger you fall forwards! :D

9THDecember2012022.jpg

Yes , the big KEW must be 25-30 years old , you need to be Hercules to pull it over to start it , you can't hold the lance with one hand like you can the little nilfisk. Spray pressure takes it out of your hand.

I

Yes , the big KEW must be 25-30 years old , you need to be Hercules to pull it over to start it , you can't hold the lance with one hand like you can the little nilfisk. Spray pressure takes it out of your hand.

I

We had a petrol Honda pressure washer that we bought in an emergency when our site was experiencing power cuts. Great machine, had it around 10 years and sold it for a good price. Easy to start and like your KEW, bloomin' powerful. Maybe your KEW could be converted to push-button electric start?

I have a Stihl, but I do believe its made in the same factory as Nilfisk. Went for the pro one, but was a mistakeas there are no attachments ffor it without adding converters etc. Everything going onto the trigger has to be a F M22 conne tion.

Nilfisk all the way, I was going for a top jet washer to match my other garden strimmer, so I decided on a Stihl until I found the exact model made by Nilfisk, I did some research and found out Nilfisk makes the Stihl range!
It is the best bit of kit I own! Serious quality, £150 cheaper than the Stihl model!
Look at the pictures and compare the two!! The NF is blue and the Stihl is orange!!
Happy days!!

I have a Stihl, but I do believe its made in the same factory as Nilfisk. Went for the pro one, but was a mistakeas there are no attachments ffor it without adding converters etc. Everything going onto the trigger has to be a F M22 conne tion.

Its the same as the Kranzle so getting spares is easy

+1 for the kranzle its bullet proof I wouldn't buy anything else now you very rarely see them second hand either as they don't breakdown

Nilfisk every time far far superior! Unless you want a karcher every 18 months!

Had my Karcher now for 3 years and can't fault it. Maybe I've been lucky or maybe the others haven't but can't fault mine.

My Karcher 6 series has just given up the ghost after 8 years, so I have no complaints about it but it has been replaced with a Kranzle 2160. It is in a completely different league altogether.
Kranzle is Premier league with Karcher in the championship.
It does cost more but the build quality is streets ahead, metal fittings as opposed to plastic.
Glad I spent the extra.

Upon reading this thread, and having an 18 month old k3.200 karcher blow up on me, i have just ordered a P150 nilfisk from cleanstore.....

Apologies for thread zombification.

i've just ordered my 1st ever pressure washer, a nilfisk from cleanstore. i've gone for the wash & wax solution they do too, the 'no need to dry' might be too good to be true, but we'll see.

stupid question time now :eek:, i presume i can't just use a normal wash&wax solution in the foam sprayer container, it's got to be a specific pressure washer version? (would it be like the time i put too much bubble bath in a jacuzzi?! such fun! :p)

any recommendations in case this stuff i've ordered turns out to be a dud?

i've just ordered my 1st ever pressure washer, a nilfisk from cleanstore. i've gone for the wash & wax solution they do too, the 'no need to dry' might be too good to be true, but we'll see.

stupid question time now :eek:, i presume i can't just use a normal wash&wax solution in the foam sprayer container, it's got to be a specific pressure washer version? (would it be like the time i put too much bubble bath in a jacuzzi?! such fun! :p)

any recommendations in case this stuff i've ordered turns out to be a dud?

I am a little confused as to what you have/are getting……….

Have you got a foam lance to apply snow foam or a bottle on the lance to put that product in?

Had my first Karcher for over 18 years......brilliant machine bought in France on a business trip in the 80's............next Karcher has been working since replacement, and only replaced because the attachment system changed and I couldn't be ****d using the adapters.

Let us know how the new machine gets on.

sorry, no idea what the terminology is, just copied what it said from cleanstore - i think it's the bottle on the lance? a just delivered nilfisk centennial.

That is a bottle that attaches to the lance which hold product such as you have mentioned/bought. There are very few other products (standard shampoos) that can be used instead (I believe) but it may be worth looking around (say detailingworld and youtube) because it could be that a normal wash/wax could be used if diluted before use. Someone's bound to have experimented.

Of course, they want you to buy their 'specially formulated' stuff!

The concept is that you spray stuff and rinse off, agitating stubborn bits before rinsing………it's never going to as good as a hand wash but it may suit you. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom