What price locking wheel nuts?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WOODYTHEWISE

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 500 Coupe.
Hi guys. The other day I purchased a new set of alloy wheels for my Jaguar.
I took them to Kwik Fit to transfer my tyres from my old wheels onto the new ones. This they did. On my way home i realised I did not have my locking wheelnut socket.
To cut a long story short they had misplaced it/lost it.
I thought "no problem" i knew the key code and could order a new one from the dealer.
The dealer said they would not/could not sell me a socket, I would have to buy four new nuts and a socket... £57 plus the vat. Not only that, they would charge half an hour labour to remove the four nuts and replace with the new ones. Could I use their socket....er no.
Total cost? £124 and change.
Kwik Fit were true to their word and have me cash to to cover the cost.
Jaguar labour? £98 plus the dreaded.

Jaguar labour above....should read £98 per hour... plus the dreaded.

I sympathise.

I also note that both Jaguar and KwikFit behaved as expected (with the exception of the undestandable hope that the dealer will be able to have a socket made to order based on the code).

Hi, what annoyed me is the fact that the sockets go from 'A' to 'Z'. They made a point of telling me to make a note of the new socket. Why? If you are unable to order a replacement due to loss or damage.
A search of eBay resulted in every letter of the alphabet apart from the one I wanted.:)

At least MB will sell you a replacement socket for £32 if you damage or lose the one you have.
The way Jaaaaaguar deal with it is pretty poor IMO.

Got it in one.
It's not the money, as K F reimbursed me.
I was very disappointed in the way Jaguar dragged every penny out of this.

I had to buy a socket in a hurry from MB Tunbridge Wells a few moons ago. They went out, worked out which one and ordered me a replacement.

That is poor from Jaguar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom