What price low mileage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If the car is immaculate and I was a car collector, then yeah it's a good buy so that I could say "oh, yes, I do have one of those in my collection".

But for everyday use, to pay £44k for a 7 years old C63 just because it has 6k miles, is bonker. Personal opinion.

And the MOT history shows that the rear tyres were worn 'close to legal limit' (I'm guessing the tyres had 2mm?) on the first test in 2018, at 5,127 miles.

So it was driven with a lead foot for the first 3 years, then (mostly) garaged from 2018 till today? ?

I know that in terms of number of owners and mileage it's rare; I imagine a lot of C63's have been 'itch' cars and therefore have gazillions of test pilot keepers, but at more than £20K over the price of a sensible mileage, 2 or 3 enthusiast owned car, I'm struggling to see the value. If it were me, I'd want to drive a C63 everyday, just for the grin factor of the noise.

What price low mileage? Not that price...

Well, the don't describe it as immaculate, which for the price it would need to be.
They say it's an 'absolute gem', which I assume mean needs some work to get it into very good condition?

For a start (the first photo I looked at), even with the limitation of the resolution on the eBay photos, there are three obvious marks on the front bumper that I would want attended to if I were paying this sort of money.
- dent/chip on headlight washer cover
- dent in-between washer cover and parking sensor
- scuff on lower portion of bumper near driver's wheel arch

I think therefore it's not unreasonable to expect a walk round would find a bigger list of items that need addressing.

Also note the metal dust caps. I'd check they can be removed easily as well.

May be I'm being unreasonable with my expectations, but what I would say is that my now 10 year old E350 with 85k miles on doesn't have defects that serious on the front bumper. May be I just got lucky?

Merc immaculate C63.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom