What radio station do you listen to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Smooth FM when I can get a signal and a variety of blues stations on the internet.

In the car no radio due to the amount of adverts as they are constant especially between 08:00 + 09:00 and it really pi$$es me off , ipod for me.

In work Absolute Radio , it is the only station that gives 24hrs of decent sounds which is nice when on Nightshift.

Kenny

Started listening to Radio 2 in my late twenties and still do, Terry Wogan first thing in the morning was who sucked me in...

Absolutely loath adverts, the wife listens to Capital FM and onpy 50% of it is non commercial.

SD cards in X204 and [now sold] W168, six mp3 CDs in C169 ... until HU is upgraded. Had to tune in the head unit in W168 for the first time, before I sold it, as I never even looked at radio screen in four years of ownership :)

If I'm listening to the radio, it is Heart on FM. I don't bother with DAB because the signal where I live is crap, and there is nothing more frustrating that continual interference.

Most of the time, though, I listen to my music collection on my USB stick. I have about five days worth of music, end to end, ranging from classical to ska, reggae to rock, and new romantic to new age dance (yeah, I have some Spandau Ballet).

Radio Times sorry, Radio 3. (But not for much longer – I want to hear music not banal chit chat and radio and TV scheduling).

Radio 3 is utterly dependent on the time and the day. The morning stuff with minor slebs is beyond turgid yet I like composer of the week, lunchtime concert and the excellent Michael Berkeley's Private Passions on a Sunday is well worth it.

I hate music as wallpaper and find that a car is most often a highly uncongenial place to concentrate on music. Early jazz (a category largely ignored by everyone) is relaxing and unchallenging, so iPod it must be.

As to that station for people with exceptionally bad teeth, if you are going to broadcast any music in between your infuriating ads, at least don't boost all the levels, it ruins any ability to hear the constituent parts. For this, even with all the other junk, I still raise a silent vote of thanks to the sound engineers of Radio 3.

Only listen to radio in the car, or at work, and always radio 2. When in the car, if a presenter I cannot stand (like that feltz thing) comes on, it is back to the 6 disc cd player (with the same 6 disks that have been in there forever, it seems). Reminder to self. Change disks this year for another 6.....

Neil

Used to listen to Radio Luxembourg on MW 208 when I was younger , then Radio Nordsee International just a bit later ; nowadays it is mainly Classic FM in the car , to instill calmness as I drive .

A life spent in cars hacking up and down the country gave me a pretty eclectic list of must listen to stations over the years. Typically, BRMB or BBC Radio WM were always required listening when belting through Birmingham, and Red Rose Radio was a must for Manchester/Liverpool - just for the local events, chats and items for sale - the music was never important.

These days in the car it's usually Radio 4, or if I become annoyed by whatever discussion is taking place (an increasingly frequent situation), then over to Classic FM.

At home - silence is golden :)

Radio 3 is utterly dependent on the time and the day. The morning stuff with minor slebs is beyond turgid yet I like composer of the week, lunchtime concert and the excellent Michael Berkeley's Private Passions on a Sunday is well worth it.

I hate music as wallpaper and find that a car is most often a highly uncongenial place to concentrate on music. Early jazz (a category largely ignored by everyone) is relaxing and unchallenging, so iPod it must be.

As to that station for people with exceptionally bad teeth, if you are going to broadcast any music in between your infuriating ads, at least don't boost all the levels, it ruins any ability to hear the constituent parts. For this, even with all the other junk, I still raise a silent vote of thanks to the sound engineers of Radio 3.

Agreed, that when it is good it is very good - hence my disappointment that often as not it is more like this >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c

BBC radio 6 for most of the weekday except between 10am to 1 pm when it`s radio 4 (nothing against Lauren, i just like a variety).

In the days before DAB when i worked at a company that could only receive a decent signal on R2 i got used to it and thought that it was OK.

When i have the misfortune to hear it these days i can`t believe how utterly and completely DULL it is.
They are still playing the same two dozen, safe, inoffensive, dreary, bland-ola tunes they were twenty years ago.
:fail

U-105

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom