What recession?

Darrell

MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
A Jaaaaag, 2016 Dacia Duster and a 2004 Carrera (996)
Per day: €116,083 EUR (£102,300 GBP) </STRONG>Per week: €696,500 EUR (£613,800 GBP)</STRONG>

I am not very good at this link stuff, but this bad boy MoFo was in the harbour a couple of days ago.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
ML AMG-line Black Series
Darrell, if you insist on publishing the photos, it's the last time I'll invite you to the on-board parties.

:D

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
Recession does bite. The daily rate was probably double that, now reduced to clear...

But I think it has more to do with the so-called 'Arab spring'. The market will soon be flooded with second-hand yachts (you know the type, solid-gold water taps etc), converted to floating hotels or just sold for scrap...

OP
OP
Darrell

Darrell

MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
A Jaaaaag, 2016 Dacia Duster and a 2004 Carrera (996)
There is another yacht out here now.

I can't get the pics up as my connection is a bit slow. The yacht is called 'Guilty' and is deffo worth a look at.

I am colour blind but this is bad.

I would really appreciate it someone could post up a couple of photos of this monstrosity.

Mercy1

Car
It's a car - just a car!
...so that's where the Libyan b**stard is hiding - get in quick there Darrelll and claim your million quid reward...

ShinyF1

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 Audi S5 Cab, 2000 E320 CDI Estate [now gone] , 2010 Mini Cooper Convertible
I was on holiday in Antibes recently, and these two bad boys were loitering around. This one in the harbour at 140m [Qatari owned - the clue is in the name 'Katara']

and this one belonging to a certain SW London footie club owner at 165m:

Quite obscene

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
Obscene?

It's a matter of your perspective. Do all the people employed to build them and run them ever say they are obscene?

finisterre

Car
Vito, Z4, 530i touring
possibly. I have muttered under my breath when asked to artex a wall.

finisterre

Car
Vito, Z4, 530i touring
But.
I would.
It isn't as if they don't feed the economy and I expect they are quite comfy even if the master suite is quite a lot smaller than our house.

anyway, by request, 'guilty', exterior by Jeff Koons

ShinyF1

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 Audi S5 Cab, 2000 E320 CDI Estate [now gone] , 2010 Mini Cooper Convertible
Obscene?

It's a matter of your perspective. Do all the people employed to build them and run them ever say they are obscene?
The scale is obscene. These biggies are absolutely vast.

My brother is a skipper on a 65m yacht, which seems enormous to me - an extremely surreal world.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
Excellent. Clearly inspired by dazzle camouflage worn by some WWI warships.

Or indeed WWII ones, such as the HMAS Yarra featured.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 C200CDI Estate
Obscene?

OBSCENE because normally such ostentatious wealth is linked to thousands of people living lives of abject poverty or working in appalling conditions somewhere else in the world.:dk:

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
You should see the interior fit out of these mega yachts, especially those of some Middle and Far Eastern owners who appear to be locked into a race to outdo each other in terms of vulgar and pointless ostentation.

When you get to the point of studding gold plated cupboard hinges with diamonds, have your bedroom walls coated in platinum foil adorned with meteoric stone and Tyrannosaurus Rex bone fossil segements just to show you can, then the word "obscene" does arise.

By comparison this feature, from Abramovich's Eclipse, is really quite modest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom