What seat heat pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dazzler

Car
W211 Estate 320CDI, E55 AMG 54 plate.
What seat heat pads can i replace mine with that will still fit the existing plugs?
As im lead to believe they dont make a seperate one for a 2002 W203 only one sewn into the cover:(

IIRC the pads from the W210 E-Class will fit. You need to speak to a dealer to be sure on connectors.

W210 are also sewn into the covers:D

I got some waeco from e bay but other memebers tried the carbon ones which can easily be cut to size and are meant to heat up quicker.

Each pad is only 2 wires so its no bother to cut of the mb loom by the old pad and graft it onto the new pad.

Do a search on here for heated seats quite a bit of info, w203 seats very easy to take apart.

Lynall

W210 are also sewn into the covers:D

I got some waeco from e bay but other memebers tried the carbon ones which can easily be cut to size and are meant to heat up quicker.

Each pad is only 2 wires so its no bother to cut of the mb loom by the old pad and graft it onto the new pad.

Do a search on here for heated seats quite a bit of info, w203 seats very easy to take apart.

Lynall

I have looked on here, but not found which ones to fit, hence the question.
Am waiting for a print out to see how easy they do come apart.

IIRC the pads from the W210 E-Class will fit. You need to speak to a dealer to be sure on connectors.

Ha ha, there lyes the problem. Finding a dealer that knows what they are looking and talking about:crazy:

I now have the same problem, i just replaced the seat covers on my c class over the weekend and found i couldnt change over the heated seat pads as they are sewn into the old covers so now i need new heated seat pads that will connect up to the existing wiring thats under the seat.....:wallbash: :wallbash:

The good news is that the seats come apart in about ten minutes flat and are easy to do but if you are putting pads on the seat back too it will take a fair bit longer as you will need to strip the seat pads off including the clips and the headrest guides. I would say it will take about 2 hours per seat......Its quite easy though TBH......

So anyone know the best carbon pads to use and where to buy!!?? :thumb:

I did this retro on my previous car. If I was to do it again I'de use differnet pads from the Weaco ones, something like the carbon ones thats been recommended.
The just weren't warm enough and that as on the high setting. plus as others have said with the carbon ones you can cut them to shape.

Mentioned in another thread but here it is again, i just bought set of four carbon heat pads from DK Schweiser which they say can be plugged straight into the factory mercedes wiring under the seat and be used just like the OEM ones.....This was the only place i found that said they will work fine with OEM wiring etc.....

I didnt know about the carbon ones when i did mine hence the reason for using Waeco ones:doh:

I did both a replacement in my drivers seat and the driver seat in wifes 203 which didnt have seat heaters as std.

Warms my slender bottom nicely:D, not as quick as the std merc ones in the passenger side.

Lynall

I tryed email for every country sales support contact person and every mail comes back to me.. Delivery failed. :dk:

Please if someone got prise and contact details (for email) put them there..

My seat pads arrived today, they are carbon fibre in a pattern like honeycombe that you can see through them so you can see where to punch holes through for the seat cover clips to go. So as long as careful not to damage the carbon fibre element it should be fine.......Famous last words...:rolleyes: Will post when have installed them.....

Don't forget to take some pics of the install mate. Really want to see how its done before I attempt mine.

Don't forget to take some pics of the install mate. Really want to see how its done before I attempt mine.

Will do mate, i didnt when did the seat covers and was too stressed!! Will do some step by step pics this time though.....:D

My seat pads arrived today, they are carbon fibre in a pattern like honeycombe that you can see through them so you can see where to punch holes through for the seat cover clips to go. So as long as careful not to damage the carbon fibre element it should be fine.......Famous last words...:rolleyes: Will post when have installed them.....

Were yours from the US?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom