What shocks, lowered E350 Cab?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:doh:

But you're giving advice to the OP that it's perfectly fine and he might not be willing to overlook that... :wallbash:

Yeah I'm talking about the HANDLING, the wear and tear was never discussed so whats your point? Your just putting pointless posts?

I'm "putting" posts am I?

I'm aware we're talking about HANDLING. You're still wrong.

You're giving bad advice. You gave your experience, others gave theirs, yet you continue to argue as if they're all wrong, giving conflicting advice to the consensus.

Last edited:
I have dropped my E350 cab with HR springs. Stance is great car looks cool and generally drives well. However if I hit a dip/yump in the road the car will almost take off. I'm assuming I could do with a slightly firmer shock to go with the springs. I don't want the car to knock all my fillings out just be a little more composed at speed. All advice welcomed.

First, check your shocks are working correctly.

I've done many variations of suspension on previous cars. And it's rarely been right first time. Modifying anything is a combination of pot luck, experiment and some research.
Though what works for one car, may be different than another.

I've recently lowered mine with H&R springs...and I'm genuinely amazed that it made virtually no difference to the comfort of the car. Thumbs up for H&R :thumb:
I expected to be messing around with different shocks and spring heights for months. But...they are perfect - for me.
About 4 weeks in now, and so far, I have not experienced any issues.

If yours doesn't feel right, then fair enough for others to suggest adding aftermarket dampers. But, believe me ...... if you fit adjustable dampers...you'll mess with settings more than you clean your car :D

I'm "putting" posts am I?

I'm aware we're talking about HANDLING. You're still wrong.

You're giving bad advice. You gave your experience, others gave theirs, yet you continue to argue as if they're all wrong, giving conflicting advice to the consensus.

Well looking at this whole conversation it seems 50-50 so it's not bad advice! I've seen your posts before and your an annoying little *****. I was merely saying I agree with the wear and tear and some how that makes you think you have to post a stupid "i told you so" reply? Your a sad little boy mate, you wernt even part of are conversation so shush little boy. :-D

And welcome to the forum....

There's some irony that you call me a little boy. Given you've the education of one.

Why do you resort to personal insults so often? It was threats of violence the other day.

Ah, I get it, makes you feel like a big man. Ricky big man over here has "little man syndrome".

Well looking at this whole conversation it seems 50-50 so it's not bad advice! I've seen your posts before and your an annoying little *****. I was merely saying I agree with the wear and tear and some how that makes you think you have to post a stupid "i told you so" reply? Your a sad little boy mate, you wernt even part of are conversation so shush little boy. :-D

This is the 2nd time you have been at the centre of trouble on here.

Yellow card this time, should it happen again then you will no longer be welcome here.

Theres no need to be so hostile!

This is the 2nd time you have been at the centre of trouble on here.

Yellow card this time, should it happen again then you will no longer be welcome here.

Theres no need to be so hostile!

I've put him on my ignore list so no more trouble here boss man. ;-)

Unfortunately it still shows your dumb ass on the main screen as the last post. Bright side though your not in here so hopefully that's the last of you lol :)

Abuse and hostility yet again... And if you really can't see what I've written, then it's really out of order. Even more so if you can as it was a lighthearted joke, clearly.

Last edited:
Wish I'd never started this thread now. I cant understand why the hostility gents. What people want to do to their cars is their business what may adequate for one mans driving style may not be for another. In an attempt to bring some civility back to this thread as its starter. Everyones advice is appreciated and ultimately my decision what I choose to do with it.
So I have decided as I have a holiday booked in the car very soon and as such it will be loaded up, I will be changing the shocks. It will be carrying weight for some 700miles + so I would have been over working the oem shocks massively. I have located the B8 Bilsteins and booked fitting for next week. I will update the thread with what sort of difference they have made in due course.

Right what a ball ache this has turned into. The B8 Bilsteins are on back order in Germany until mid September. No-one else seems to list a shortened shock for the A207 platform. In fear of re-igniting the flames any suggestions welcome. Someone mentioned Koni sport i cant find these for my car.

THE A 207 basically shares the same platform as the W204 C CLASS saloons,coupe and estate so you might find something suitable under those headings. That said the cabriolet adds a lot of weight especially at the rear end

You can use the Bilstein B6 damper as well. Koni sport ( yellow) are great as well. They will actually give you a slightly better ride quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom