What should be fitted here then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guy.Pap

Car
E280 Sport Wagon
While trying to find out why my clock keeps stopping (possible GPS issue)I was checking out the rear of the car where the sat nav changer sits and I find that a bracket that seems to be missing something, any body have a clue what is meant to be fitted in the hole ?

Attachments

• 20150225_170338.jpg
    20150225_170338.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20150225_170347.jpg
    20150225_170347.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 46
Well I take it after 231 views that nobody has an idea either..:dk:

Many thanks for the replies

It's a 2008 S211 E class face lift model

Sorry about that, why I thought it was a C Class! :wallbash:

Its just a bracket for control modules, part A2115455440 or A21115457940, depending on chassis. As you can see control modules are attached to the top and side with the changer in the rack. I cant see what would go in the other mount but that could be a TV tuner but that looks like it bolts behind it or more likely its a satellite tuner for the US market or it may just be empty and the bracket may be used on other models in slightly different configurations! :D

It's the tv tuner on mine
Excellent, many thanks.....Next question is, if its a tv tuner can it be retro fitted I have an aps that does not have any extra slots in the back does this unit connect via the MOST system ?

Yes but not simple
a) Your COMAND has to have the video input (green fakra on the back)
b) You have to add the wiring (MOST fibre, antenna loom, video/power loom)
c) You have to install the antenna amplifiers for the TV

If buying a used TV tuner make very sure you get one that supports Digital TV. The early ones were analogue only

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom