What should I have in my boot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leehyde30

Car
C300h Bluetec Hybrid AMG Sport Premium Plus
I’ve recently bought my 2015 C300h Bluetec Hybrid AMG Premium Plus from a second hand dealer to take on my 150 mile round trip daily commute.

I don’t know why I didn’t check at the time, but having lifted the boot liner/floor, there’s literally nothing under there - no jack, compressor, tyre foam etc... There’s the black cut outs, but nothing there.

Can anybody post an image of what should be there? Or even better, supply any part numbers? I can then try to source all things needed.

C 300 tools are in the spare tyre ,, there is a plastic bucket that hold the tools inside the spare wheel . Looks like dealer never gave you a spare wheel including tool kit .

If you have run flats then there will not be any tyre foam etc.
If you have normal tyres then there should be a compressor and tyre foam in separate compartments as the the compressor can be used on it's own.
My 2017 C300h also came with a first aid kit, warning triangle and two hivis vests.
Genuine first aid kits can be bought on Ebay for around £10 with two or three years shelf life.
The compressor and tyre foam can be bought for around £30, this is the same type supplied by Mercedes. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airman-71-...ix=tyre+sealant+air+compressor,aps,151&sr=8-5

C 300 tools are in the spare tyre ,, there is a plastic bucket that hold the tools inside the spare wheel . Looks like dealer never gave you a spare wheel including tool kit .
My C300h never came with a spare wheel or anywhere to put one.
It came with the compressor and sealant.
If runflats are fitted then neither are supplied.

My C300h never came with a spare wheel or anywhere to put one.
It came with the compressor and sealant.
If runflats are fitted then neither are supplied.
I’m starting to feel that’s the situation with mine. Certainly nowhere for a spare wheel in this setup. Surprised not to see at least a jack though. I did receive a first aid kit (in one of the side pockets of the boot) and the warning triangle (attached to the inner boot lid).

Now to examine the tyres to see if they are run flats.

Attachments

• 12B3D545-37FD-4A6C-B3E1-4B0A62790376.jpeg
    12B3D545-37FD-4A6C-B3E1-4B0A62790376.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 8
I’m starting to feel that’s the situation with mine. Certainly nowhere for a spare wheel in this setup. Surprised not to see at least a jack though. I did receive a first aid kit (in one of the side pockets of the boot) and the warning triangle (attached to the inner boot lid).

Now to examine the tyres to see if they are run flats.
With no spare wheel what would you do with a jack?

Most important item is the locking wheel nut. Mine lives in a small plastic case in the boot. The case contains the locking wheel nut and the 4 wheel bolts removed when the security bolts had been fitted at PDI. Sometimes this case is stored in the glovebox. Worth checking and if missing you should chase this up.

new cars also come with a cargo net and a fold down plastic crate. These items can be had via EBay at a fraction of the dealers charge.

...new cars also come with a cargo net and a fold down plastic crate. These items can be had via EBay....

I am guessing that this is the reason that so many second-hand cars don't have them...... :(

I am guessing that this is the reason that so many second-hand cars don't have them...... :(
I have two plastic crates in my boot for shopping (milk etc). I take them out when I sell the cars. I've got audi yellow vests and first aid kits too that I don't really need in the garage that I took out

Well I keep in the boot a get me out of trouble bag,it has hi viz a couple of cans of tyre inflator,a tow rope, some bulbs,a torch,packet of chocolate biscuits,medical kit.

You need rope,gaffer tape,bin bags and a shovel or maybe that’s just me..........

Well I keep in the boot a get me out of trouble bag,it has hi viz a couple of cans of tyre inflator,a tow rope, some bulbs,a torch,packet of chocolate biscuits,medical kit.
Surely hi-viz jackets should be in the car not the boot?

The most dangerous time is getting out of the car when you first break down. That’s when you need hi-vis most. Tons of hidey-holes in most cars.

Cable ties, the thick ones.
Sawn off, krugerrands and a few passports under the jack as well. You never know.

Noco jump starter and can of tyre goo. Thought of a puncture on a “smart” motorway terrifies me 😱

I reckon if I completely cleared the boot of picnic table and chairs, car cleaning items, work clothing, safety bits, the vehicle fuel consumption would soar. 😆

"What should I have in my boot?".............Your foot! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom