What should I REALISTICALLY price my car at?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rakeshkhakhar

Car
Mercedes E270 CDI Avantgarde 2003
Hi All

I am going to be selling my E270 CDI Avantgarde 2003 03, black, half leather with front mulitchanger and phone prep. 83,000 miles with full MBSH. Just been serviced, full MOT, 6 months tax, 2 new rear tyres. 16" alloys. Car is in excellent condition.

What should I be looking to get for it in a Private sale? Parkers is saying about £14,800 but on autotrader they are being advertised closer to the £15,500 mark.

What do you all think?

I had a quick look at Car Giant...they stock similar cars for about £14-15k. Trouble is, private buying should be cheaper! You can hold out for the higher price, but you could be looking at months on the market.

Good luck

hi thanks

i know what you mean

my sis in law has been trying to shift her honda civic for 2 months now...

I had a C-Class for sale for about 4 months! I ended up part exchanging (rubbish price in comparison) but the replacement was under list price. I got a call about that car 1 YEAR later! (The ad must've been floating around on a website somewhere).

I had a quick look at Car Giant...they stock similar cars for about £14-15k. Trouble is, private buying should be cheaper! You can hold out for the higher price, but you could be looking at months on the market.

Good luck
Go to Glass's Guide website (the trade's bible) and put in all your details. For a mere £2-95 you will get a full valuation showing trade price, part ex price, private sale price and dealer price. Very useful either to show dealer to haggle a good p/ex price or to set your private sale price.

no need to pay £2.95...;)

manual: trade £12000; retail £14000
auto: trade £13350; retail £15575

both for mileage adjusted to 80000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom