What size wheels/tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MUNDY

Car
'02 C200 Komp/ '96 Isuzu Trooper
Thinking about buying some new alloys for W203, will 18's fit or 17's? and wot tyre size would you go for?

18's will fit and although they look cosmetically good they will affect the ride making journeys bumpy and uncomfortable. 17's can look equally as good if the right choice wheel is made with the bonus of a little more comfort

also can someone explain why when I measure any 16inch wheel they measure as 17s?!?!?!?!?

Are you looking at buying brand new? It's just that I'm selling a set of 18" AMG reps complete with almost new Bridgestone tyres. Let me know if you're interested.

also can someone explain why when I measure any 16inch wheel they measure as 17s?!?!?!?!?

Think about it. Where are you measuring? From the edge of the rim, or where the tyre sits?

Refer to post 2.

Measuring edge of rim to edge of rim?

Looked at that website but don't mention that tyre size, but they look like they would fit?

205/40-17 will fit but it'll through speedo off. Besides the low profile will make the ride as harsh as running 225/40-18 which has only a bit more sidewall height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom