What size wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigyb

Car
Audi A8 W12
OK, I've got a CLK 230K, the tyres are 205/55 R16, but what size are the wheels 16" or 17". I want to oerder some style alloy AMG look alikes, but I need to get the right ones.

I thought the "R" was the rating...

Craig

craigyb said:
OK, I've got a CLK 230K, the tyres are 205/55 R16, but what size are the wheels 16" or 17". I want to oerder some style alloy AMG look alikes, but I need to get the right ones.

I thought the "R" was the rating...

Craig

I would say 16" mate
(what are you doing with your old alloys hint hint;) )

OK, I've just measured them with my weight watchers tape measure and they seem to be 17" across,Unlike me....

Craig

PS: I will be selling the old alloys very cheaply... hint hint

mbzslk230k said:
God -those Brabus are cheap !
Brabus "look" alloys . . . . hence the price. I guess real Brabus ones would be a couple of grand ?

S.

I heard rumours from my salesman that they were 1.5K each.

Ouch, who cares on my car that they are not the real McCoy.

I think that I may even buy a spare to match the set. Then I can sell all my 5 standard alloys with P600's on.

The spare is a and new never used tyre and wheel.

Craig

craigyb said:
I think that I may even buy a spare to match the set. Then I can sell all my 5 standard alloys with P600's on.

Craig

Keeping us guessing on what they look like :D

Nobody'll know ;)

They look nice - I nearly bought some wheels from that site last year, but went for second hand OEM ones in the end.

Piccys when fitted please :D

I can't post any pics until the weekend, digicam is back in Manchester and I work in London :-(

So I will try and take some pics this weekend of the old wheels, but if you can wait till next weekend I can post old and new pics and give a price for the five wheels and tyres...

Craig

craigyb said:
I can't post any pics until the weekend, digicam is back in Manchester and I work in London :-(

So I will try and take some pics this weekend of the old wheels, but if you can wait till next weekend I can post old and new pics and give a price for the five wheels and tyres...

Craig

No problems mate

FYI, I believe Brabus are offering 10% discount on sets of Monoblock IV, V and VI if bought before end of April. Now might be a good time to buy if anyone's been after an original set for a while ;)

craigyb said:
OK, had a little chat with the guys, it seems I have 16" wheels.

So, I've ordered 17" Brabus wheels and tyres.

http://www.stylealloys.co.uk/mercedes alloys page - Brabus.htm

Means I will have a set of 4 16" alloys and pirelli P600's in fairly good condition.

Craig

So putting 2+2 together would the 17" brab styles fit my 202 ok??
Craig which wheels have you got on your car as standard?

Hmm, some nice wheels on that site, see they also do them on ebay. Which would look best on a 202 black estate with tinted windows?...............don't want to look too bling, bling, pimp!!

Style Alloys are atcually coming to my house to fit them tomorrow (Sat) morning. They are concerned that they might not fit my car and so are going to do it themselves to test the fit.

The guy was mentioning the offset, I believe my car has an offset of 37 and the wheels have an offset of 35. Are these mm clearances? if so would 2mm make all that difference.

Craig

With regards to the offset, below is the answer that Style Alloys gave regarding a set of A line replicas I intend to purchase for my C180 via e mail concerning how the 2mm difference may affect the handling on my car.

Hi Andy,

The offset on these wheels are 35, the extra 2mm on the amg do not make any
difference at all!, these wheels will fit fine.

as you live in stoke We can do the whole tyre package for you for £690!!!!!

-Merce centre caps, locking wheel bolts, standard bolts, chrome valves,
tyres fitted and fully balanced.

-we are a mail order hence will need to order these wheels from our
suppliers and can deliver them to you!!

Let us know what you think?

Thank you.
--
www.stylealloys.co.uk

Tel : 0781 2941007

Andy W said:
-Merce centre caps, locking wheel bolts, standard bolts, chrome valves,
tyres fitted and fully balanced.

www.stylealloys.co.uk

Tel : 0781 2941007

Just a thought on the "standard bolts" they mentioned wont these be the wrong ones for alloys.I cant check mine yet, but i think for alloys you should have a bolt with a special washer on to stop the bolt from "digging" into the alloy wheel when you're tightening it up?

Andy. I had a look and found these in my garage.The one on the left is a standard wheel bolt for steel wheel fitment.The one on the right is for an alloy wheel with the washer attached.

wheelbolts.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom