What songs make you tingle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For the Floyd fans....

The whole of Live at Pompeii - it's just great.

andy_k said:
tee hee talking of Floyd anoraks - I've still got a program from those Earls Court gigs :)

Andy

Andy, i've still got my ticket in a little clip frame in my kitchen ...... :eek:

A few here in no order just as I think of them

Rush-Tom sawyer
Uriah Heap-easy livin
Queen-The show must go on
Lynyrd Skynyrd-Free bird
Led Zep-Stairway to heaven
Don maclean-American pie
Scorpions-Send me an angel

There is more but I shall leave it at that for now. :D

Howard said:
Andy, i've still got my ticket in a little clip frame in my kitchen ...... :eek:

tee hee - I can't match you on that one being as I didn't pay to get in (or for the program) - gotta love those record company freebies :)

Andy

I can actually agree with about 98% of all the songs above.

One thing does make me chuckle though ..... "I've got Dave Gilmores dandruff".

Funny incident happened many years ago ('84 I think) with DG, where I ended up with his dandruff :rock: :rock: :rock:

And Steve O'Rourkes too (Floyd and DG's manager) :rock:

K

andy_k said:
tee hee - I can't match you on that one being as I didn't pay to get in (or for the program) - gotta love those record company freebies :)

Andy

A free entry to a Floyd gig, Doh Ray Me !!!! did you get to go backstage as well ?

(falls to my knees chanting 'We are not Worthy........) :rock:

Kinky, i reckon if you'd have kept that it would fetch a couple of hundred on Ebay !!!! ;)

Howard said:
A free entry to a Floyd gig, Doh Ray Me !!!! did you get to go backstage as well ?

Didn't have time - as I said it was a record company freebie - we had to go eat and drink to excess - going backstage would have wasted valuable spending "expenses" money.

Andy

Jumping back to 'tingling' tracks .....

This is not so much a song as a part-solo.

The 2nd-half of the guitar solo and lead into the middle-8 on the classic Van Halens "Panama" :rock:

Everytime I play that song I keep skipping back to the solo, over and over again.

I think "Out on The Weekend" and "Like a Hurricane" are my two favourite Neil young songs.

This could go on a very long time but it's encouraged me to dig out some of my older albums so it must be a good thing :)

but let's add a real up to date one "Dry Your Eyes Mate" by the Streets - great album as well but son't let young kids con you into buying it for them :eek:

Andy

Yeah - fully agree Andy - 100%.

I dug out Dylans "John Wesley Harding" and Hendrixs' Singles CDs this morning !

An addition:

Pavarotti - Nessun Dorma.

To tingle, add neck hair standing up, lump in throat and tear in eye. Has to be the Big Man, though. All others are pale imitations.

Do What You Like, Blind Faith 15 minutes of Stevie Windwood vocals, Claptons guitar solo, Rick Grech bass solo and of course Ginger Baker on drums, Then of course you can't forget Cream, the first super group. I also like Emerson, Lake & Palmers Pictures at an Exhibition. Yep a pop group doin classical, differently, but very close to the classical version. Someone also mentiones Lynyrd Skynyrd's Freebird, got to agree there, but the long version which was shown on The Old Grey Whistle Test, brilliant :bannana: :bannana:

I must have missed this thread!

I'm going to see if I can find some of these tracks this weekend so I can compile one spine-melting CD out of them! :D

What annoys me is that you don't usually find CDs like this to buy in a shop, if you DO then the first half of the CD is ok and second half is rubbish. Compilations are such a waste of money.

Nice resurrection!

I just got a huge almighty tingle - I was re-reading the thread and got to Big Ed's post:
Big Ed said:
Sarah McLachlan - Possesion + Victoria's Secret (and several others)
... thought I'd have a listen to Possession as I don't remember it jumping out at me, hit play and was listening and reading the thread. Got to Pammy's post:
pammy said:
So many of the songs listed spark something. I remember Queen's Take my Breath Away so well
At the exact same time as I read "Take My Breath Away", Sarah Mc sang "I'll take your breath away"! Bloody spooky (especially as today is the first anniversary of my dad dying) :eek:

(Ed, have to agree, great song. Much prefer, and certainly more tingly, Angel - what a stunning song that is :cool: )

Flyer said:
Nice resurrection!

I just got a huge almighty tingle - I was re-reading the thread and got to Big Ed's post:

... thought I'd have a listen to Possession as I don't remember it jumping out at me, hit play and was listening and reading the thread. Got to Pammy's post:

At the exact same time as I read "Take My Breath Away", Sarah Mc sang "I'll take your breath away"! Bloody spooky (especially as today is the first anniversary of my dad dying) :eek:

(Ed, have to agree, great song. Much prefer, and certainly more tingly, Angel - what a stunning song that is :cool: )

spooky indeed. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Sarah Mc's got a very haunting voice - love it.

Missed this thread 1st time round an' all...

my vote goes for:-

More than words - Extreme
Adagio for strings - Samuel Barber
Higher state of consciousness - Josh Wink

I'll chime back in again with a couple of new additions, Creep by Radiohead, The Chokin Kind from Joss Stone's incredible The Soul Sessions album (pretty much the rest of that album and also Mind Body and Soul as well - two amazing albums), A couple of tracks off Damien Rice's album O; Delicate, I remember and the hidden track at the end - great album but not the easy listening you kind of expect from hearing the singles. Billy Joel's Goodnight Saigon, Has anybody mentioned The Fairytale of New York by the Pogues and Kirsty McColl? That certainly gets to me every time I hear it.

Andy

Andy - 'Fairytale of New York' - does it for me every time - if i'm not in the Christmas mood , that certainly puts me in it !! what a wonderful song !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom