What Sort of Plug is this...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wrams

Car
GLA 180 Urban Edition 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a Mercedes Sprinter van and wondered what this USB type hole is? Someone said its to connect Phones etc. I am trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy S9 plus to it but unsure the cable type I would require. I keep losing connection via Bluetooth since an update on my phone so have decided to try this instead.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

2019-mercedes-benz-sprinter.jpg

Using the old USB -A connector, hands up how many times you got it the right way around at the first insertion attempt. I suspect not too often without carefully looking at it. Some of the later connectors were trapezoidal which at least gave you a clue but the clever feature of USB -C is it's symmetrical and works either way around which they achieved by duplicating the contacts.

Using the old USB -A connector, hands up how many times you got it the right way around at the first insertion attempt. I suspect not too often without carefully looking at it. Some of the later connectors were trapezoidal which at least gave you a clue but the clever feature of USB -C is it's symmetrical and works either way around which they achieved by duplicating the contacts.

The correct way up has the picture of the USB logo printed on it - on EVERY USB A connector :) Once you realise this:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The inventor of the USB died today.
renderTimingPixel.png

They lowered his coffin,
raised it back out,
flipped it over,
lowered it again,
raised it back out,
flipped it over again,
then lowered it down again.

What if the USB Socket is upright......having a Logo doesn't help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom