What temp do you set your climate control?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Just wondered what temperature people set their climate control on in their cars in the colder months?

I tend to turn mine up to MAX (red option on the dial) then simply turn the fan speed to zero when its warm enough. Repeating this as and when necessary. I heard some people just leave a set temperature and run the fan on a constant low speed?

I know its subjective etc...................

Just wondered what temperature people set their climate control on in their cars in the colder months?

I tend to turn mine up to MAX (red option on the dial) then simply turn the fan speed to zero when its warm enough. Repeating this as and when necessary. I heard some people just leave a set temperature and run the fan on a constant low speed?

The idea of climate control is the same as your heating thermostat at home, you set the cabin temperature to what you find comfortable, set it to Auto and let the system do what it is designed to do, keep the cabin at the precise temp.

If your dials do not have numbers and there is no Auto button them it is unlikely you have climate control.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If your dials do not have numbers and there is no Auto button them it is unlikely you have climate control.

Of course I have climate control Kev :)

just on the earlier cars you have the temperatures and then a red/blue option on the left/right most side for I assume ‘max’ cooling or heating :)

good point though I’ve never thought of it like that. In that case I’ll just chuck it on 20C and Auto. Hopefully that does the trick.

Of course I have climate control Kev :)

just on the earlier cars you have the temperatures and then a red/blue option on the left/right most side for I assume ‘max’ cooling or heating :)

good point though I’ve never thought of it like that. In that case I’ll just chuck it on 20C and Auto. Hopefully that does the trick.
[emoji16] I owned a W124 E220 that had the old red/blue dials, was aircon but not climate.

Showing my age now but when I first got a car with climate I asked the sales rep what the difference was and he was the one that said you should set your temperature, select auto and forget it....

Of course doesn't work quite as well topless!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I set mine 20°C on auto with a/c on. The only variable is seat ventilation in summer and seat heater in winter.

with the button set at zero Abs the system won't be on therefore if you are sitting in traffic on a rainy day with a car full of people it will steam up within minutes. With the climate control knob even on 1, regardless of the temperature, the air in the cabin will be getting dried by the air con system preventing steaming up from happening.
There are alot of drivers (not necessarily on here) that are unaware that if they don't have auto climate control, aircon in their cars can be used in conjunction with heat in the winter. :)

On our ML270, if you reset the Climate it defaulted to 22. 22 seems pretty comfortable most of the time, so the ML350 sits at 22 unless its a hot day with sun on the windows.

I just set my side to 24 and leave it alone. - Maybe drop it down if I'm feeling a little too warm.
The boss lady fiddles with her side a bit more, but not more than a couple of degrees up and down.

22 and auto, always.

If I get too hot, open a window.

Weird....

Turn mine to max to warm up than go back to 26 with 3 fan bar then when it's warm in the car I just decrease to 1-2 bar

This is counterproductive as setting to Max pulls heat from the engine slowing the overall heating process.l

Auto 22 does for me on the opposite side I see a hand reaching out to fiddle with things I make no comment.

This is counterproductive as setting to Max pulls heat from the engine slowing the overall heating process.l

Didn't realise that felt to warm out far quickly when turned on max for a couple of minutes

Quite. And it's why until the engine coolant is quite warm, Auto mode runs the fan at relatively low speed.

The whole point of Climate Control which so many people seem to miss is that the system automatically adjusts itself to achieve the preset temperature (either hotter or colder) in the shortest time possible, and then maintains it by making minor adjustments as necessary. You just decide what target temperature you're happy with and let it get on with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom