What Time Do You Have Lunch At Work?

what time do you break from work for lunch?

• 11:30

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • 12:00

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • 12:30

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • 13:00

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • 13:30

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
I i need to figure out approx what time is the main "lunchtime" break at work in the UK........ can as many of you fill in the poll please?!

i assume your lunch is 30 mins or 1 hour, but its the STARTING TIME that i need..... thanks!

thanks for your time.

I generally don't have lunch, but with flexi working etc our organisation lunch breaks span from 12.00 to 2.00 and that's for about 130000 staff if that helps.

My business is serving people lunch, so i don't get mine till 3pm onwards... thats when i'm at work.. but if i'm working from home its 1:30pm (thats what i clicked on the poll) Hope that helps.

130000 ????? :crazy: who do you work for Pammy ?

Is it S.P.E.C.T.R.E. ? :D

I thought we were big at 10000 .......

I guess it would depend on what time you start in the morning.

Howard said:
130000 ????? :crazy: who do you work for Pammy ?

Is it S.P.E.C.T.R.E. ? :D

I thought we were big at 10000 .......

A significantly sized Government department ;)

pammy said:
A significantly sized Government department ;)

Just like me .... i work for a significantly sized government department too...

Mines the Environment Agency , so i guess you could say i'm a 'Government Agent' Hey, that sounds cool....... :rolleyes:

By the sound of it yours is The Alien Technology Reverse Engineering Department...... ;) sounds very secret

I reckon Pammys a W.I.B. - Woman in Black....

She goes round scaring people and wiping their memories after they've seen a UFO ...

Oooops, Hijacking thread here ...... sorry ...... :eek:

Howard said:
I reckon Pammys a W.I.B. - Woman in Black....

She goes round scaring people and wiping their memories after they've seen a UFO ...

Oooops, Hijacking thread here ...... sorry ...... :eek:

naw, she goes round wiping people's memories after seeing a BMW :p

BTW it's called dinner t'up north roun' owr way not poncy lunch :D we have it around 1pm(ish)

Last edited:
Shift worker so different every week....but on early shift, 12 or 12:30. Not set in concrete.

A lunch hour, fixed or otherwise? How quaint.

In these parts many still subscribe to the Gordon Gecko mantra: Lunch is for wimps.

Most of the time it is eat when you can and on the run.

"I reckon Pammys a W.I.B. - Woman in Black...."

WIS: Woman In Silver :D.

I'm 12:00 - it depends when you have breakfast, which is for me 07:30 so 4.5 hours si long enough between meals - but it tends to - *ahem* - 'extend'...;)

12:00 almost every day out of pure desperation to leave the office. 13:00 during the cricket, so that we can see play resume on a big screen somewhere.

Satch said:
A lunch hour, fixed or otherwise? How quaint.

In these parts many still subscribe to the Gordon Gecko mantra: Lunch is for wimps.

Most of the time it is eat when you can and on the run.

Makes sense to me - if I have a lunchhour I forget what I've done in the morning :D

I have breakfast at about 6:15am so I'm pretty hungry by lunchtime, 11:30am here. I work on a helpdesk and I don't leave my desk until 17:00, I also take calls all day so lunch can be drawn out for hours some days...
SportsCoupeRich said:
Nhs? :)

The UKs largest employer
World's largest employer! This is not strictly true but the only other competitors for the title are the Chinese Army and the Indian Postal Service, and they don't have concrete figures to compare ;)

The NHS are also the biggest consumer of IT equipment and services in the world :)

Usually 1pm for me but I can take lunch any time I want. :) So it can be as early as 11:30am or as late as 2:30pm depending on my mood.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom