What to buy next....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSTurbo50

Car
W212 E250 CDi AMG Sport
My E350 CDi Sport Coupe is heading for pastures new in two weeks time. I need 4 doors, im covering no more than 70-80 miles a week on average so don’t really need a diesel and Iv had the cars twelve months.....

Iv a maximum of £12.5k to spend on a car, it has to be a Mercedes, what would you buy?

I quite like the look of the W204 C Class AMG Sport Plus models but in petrol form I can only find a C180.....are they slow and boring? I’m considering an E55 advertised on here, but do I want an older car with potential big bills around the corner? Iv found one or two E63’s but the head bolt issue and expensive bills is making me think otherwise. Any other ideas?

Now that the Summer is here and global warming etc how about a nice cabriolet?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'm in a Similar position, there is nothing out there really that grabs me, although im looking more at estates and SUV's

There is a very limited choice of petrol engines if you want a MB , the 400 range will be outwith your budget meaning it will be the V6 if you want a bit of go. There are a few W219 350 petrols kicking about but they are few and far between.

Kenny

You know you WANT a 55 supercharged car! You realised this when you bought a fast diesel...C'mon get one...E55 if you want to fly under the radar & blast 'em away, if you don't need 5 seats & want a bit more style then a CLS55 AMG is the way or if you want style & swoon , get up go, a Cl55...Whats the point of iming & aming if you don't like it sell it ,at least you will know...bet you wont want to sell it quick once you get one though...in fact if you do you'll then be like myself & gav...thinking "What now" ...which is even more depressing. Good luck & get a good Indie etc.:)

You know you WANT a 55 supercharged car! You realised this when you bought a fast diesel...C'mon get one...E55 if you want to fly under the radar & blast 'em away, if you don't need 5 seats & want a bit more style then a CLS55 AMG is the way or if you want style & swoon , get up go, a Cl55...Whats the point of iming & aming if you don't like it sell it ,at least you will know...bet you wont want to sell it quick once you get one though...in fact if you do you'll then be like myself & gav...thinking "What now" ...which is even more depressing. Good luck & get a good Indie etc.:)

This +1

This + 2. You must have a V8 supercharger in your life otherwise you'll not be happy and kittens will die for no reason. Won't someone please think of the children! :p

**Disclaimer** I have been looking at getting another Aston Martin recently but only as I've space on the driveway and purely just to fill the gap :D

You could get a cls500 with the 5.5 388hp engine

Thanks chaps. Its finding a nice E55/CLS55 that has been looked after with the major components already been replaced. Fuel and Insurance isnt an issue for me, it has to be a 4 door though. Would you avoid the E63 on an 07 plate? How many have actually been affected by the headbolt issue? Also, if anyone knows of a nice E55/CLS55 for sale let me know. I am considering one that For Sale on this forum as well..

You could get a cls500 with the 5.5 388hp engine
Seems a bit underpowered to me ;-).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks chaps. Its finding a nice E55/CLS55 that has been looked after with the major components already been replaced. Fuel and Insurance isnt an issue for me, it has to be a 4 door though. Would you avoid the E63 on an 07 plate? How many have actually been affected by the headbolt issue? Also, if anyone knows of a nice E55/CLS55 for sale let me know. I am considering one that For Sale on this forum as well..
I think if you bought a non-turbo E63 it would feel a bit underpowerd against a E55, mid range especially, it depends on what engine characteristics you want. E55 AMG instant power , no need to get it up to a rev range & keep it there in the power band, when it does tail off you'll be doing trip;e figure anyway. If you like the feel of a higher revving engine to keep it boiling then maybe a E63 is for you...both good cars just different power delivery.

I think if you bought a non-turbo E63 it would feel a bit underpowerd against a E55, mid range especially, it depends on what engine characteristics you want. E55 AMG instant power , no need to get it up to a rev range & keep it there in the power band, when it does tail off you'll be doing trip;e figure anyway. If you like the feel of a higher revving engine to keep it boiling then maybe a E63 is for you...both good cars just different power delivery.

Much of it comes to
Reliability I guess and how reliable is the E63???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom